USB Speakers

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
newageguitar
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

USB Speakers

Post by newageguitar »

Can't seen to get my USB speakers to work with iMac and DP8, they work fine with iTunes/ GarageBand etc but dead with DP…anyone have an answer.

Many Thanks…
MacPro 8 Core 32 GB, MacPro Quad Core 2.66, 8 GB, 2xPCIe424, 2-96Khz 24io's 4-1224's MacBookPro Dual 2.66 i7 2-828 MK2. Allen & Heath GS-3000 32/8 console, eight tons of outboard gear etc. etc.
I appreciate your help.
Dan Worley

Re: USB Speakers

Post by Dan Worley »

I don't know, just a guess. Can you select them in the configure hardware driver? If not, you may have to make an aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup.
DP10.13
newageguitar

Re: USB Speakers

Post by newageguitar »

Well Dan apparently you "do" know because "Configure Hardware Driver" is exactly where the solution lives for USB speakers, they're listed there as opposed to not being listed in mac system preferences when an open DP project is booted)

Odd little quirk that I've never seen before as USB speakers are new to me, but in this case convenient when not using one of my 828's to monitor in a remote site.

Problem solved…...

Many thanks,
MacPro 8 Core 32 GB, MacPro Quad Core 2.66, 8 GB, 2xPCIe424, 2-96Khz 24io's 4-1224's MacBookPro Dual 2.66 i7 2-828 MK2. Allen & Heath GS-3000 32/8 console, eight tons of outboard gear etc. etc.
I appreciate your help.