Dp 8 upgrade key code?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Dp 8 upgrade key code?

Post by Michael Canavan »

This happened to me once. With the upgrade to 5 no key code was in the manual.
They gave me a temporary key code until I was mailed a permanent one, so yeah call them on Monday.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

Just to follow up for those interested...

I called MOTU this AM and they emailed my key code right away. They've changed how they give the key code when purchasing online, they are now emailing the code...no sticker in book. (I just never received the original email)

Thanks to you all guys for trying to help, and for the moral support
Mac Pro 2.93G 12 core, 28G RAM, 10.9, DP 8, Apogee Symphony i o, Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe, Motu MTP AV, MachFive 3.2 and other fun stuff
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

Keycodes are also available at MOTU, My Registrations, My Product Information.
iMac Intel Core i5 3.2ghz - 16gb RAM - OSX 10.10.5 - DP 9.01 - Mach Five 3.2.1 - Ethno Instrument 2.0.3 - Kontakt 5.4.3 - 4pre - 828 original - micro express
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

Bowman wrote:Keycodes are also available at MOTU, My Registrations, My Product Information.
This wasn't the case for me. Only thing listed under My Product Information was my original serial from my original DP purchase years ago...no key code
Mac Pro 2.93G 12 core, 28G RAM, 10.9, DP 8, Apogee Symphony i o, Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe, Motu MTP AV, MachFive 3.2 and other fun stuff
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Bowman wrote:Keycodes are also available at MOTU, My Registrations, My Product Information.
That's a serial number, not a key code.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

bayswater wrote:That's a serial number, not a key code.
On my page I have both, serial numbers and the key code for DP8.
iMac Intel Core i5 3.2ghz - 16gb RAM - OSX 10.10.5 - DP 9.01 - Mach Five 3.2.1 - Ethno Instrument 2.0.3 - Kontakt 5.4.3 - 4pre - 828 original - micro express
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I've got two key codes for DP, and for a good reason! I own two copies of it. I upgrade them alternately. The key code you only get once, when you buy DP. The serial numbers are different with each version, and are usually on a sticker on the inside back cover of the manual.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Shooshie wrote:I've got two key codes for DP, and for a good reason! I own two copies of it. I upgrade them alternately. The key code you only get once, when you buy DP. The serial numbers are different with each version, and are usually on a sticker on the inside back cover of the manual.

Shoosh
I think you have that backwards. The thing in the back of the manual is the key code. It says so right on the sticker. Since its in the manual, it's different for each version. You get one serial number when you register DP and that stays constant.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

bayswater wrote:
Shooshie wrote:I've got two key codes for DP, and for a good reason! I own two copies of it. I upgrade them alternately. The key code you only get once, when you buy DP. The serial numbers are different with each version, and are usually on a sticker on the inside back cover of the manual.

Shoosh
I think you have that backwards. The thing in the back of the manual is the key code. It says so right on the sticker. Since its in the manual, it's different for each version. You get one serial number when you register DP and that stays constant.

It sure does! Duh! All that extra effort maintaining TWO of them, and I STILL don't know what the he|| they're called.
:rofl:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

And just to be clear for everyone...

...when I spoke to MOTU today they said if you buy online, there will no longer be a sticker with the key code in the manual... key code will be emailed.

Cheers
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Thanks Catfish, good to know!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.