Dp 8 upgrade key code?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
catfishmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dp 8 upgrade key code?

Post by catfishmusic »

I just finished the trial demo, bought the dp8 upgrade.

It arrived today...I can't find any key code? Not in either book front or back...motu manual says if it's not there it's in a confirmation email.

I checked my mail and junk and received no confirmation email, just got a ups delivery email nothing else.

On my Motu account I only see a serial number no key code.

Any ideas? I'd hate to be shut down til Monday when I can call Motu.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Pro 2.93G 12 core, 28G RAM, 10.9, DP 8, Apogee Symphony i o, Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe, Motu MTP AV, MachFive 3.2 and other fun stuff
kgdrum

Re: Dp 8 upgrade key code?

Post by kgdrum »

if it's an upgrade.........if my memory is correct, you should use your keycode from the earlier version of DP you're upgrading from.
I might be wrong.........maybe someone else can verify?
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

Ok thanks I'll see if I can find that and give it a try...can anyone else confirm this?

Mac Pro 2.93G 12 core, 28G RAM, 10.9, DP 8, Apogee Symphony i o, Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe, Motu MTP AV, MachFive 3.2 and other fun stuff
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Obviously worth a try, but I've had a new key code for every upgrade since V4. Maybe it's changed, but I got a new code with V8 too.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

bayswater wrote:Obviously worth a try, but I've had a new key code for every upgrade since V4. Maybe it's changed, but I got a new code with V8 too.
I figured, if you don't mind me asking where was yours located for the upgrade? In one of the manuals or did you get the key in an email after purchase?

I'm going to try the old key if I can find it!!

Thanks a bunch
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

catfishmusic wrote:
bayswater wrote:Obviously worth a try, but I've had a new key code for every upgrade since V4. Maybe it's changed, but I got a new code with V8 too.
I figured, if you don't mind me asking where was yours located for the upgrade? In one of the manuals or did you get the key in an email after purchase?

I'm going to try the old key if I can find it!!

Thanks a bunch
Mine (DP8) is where it has always been, on the last page (reverse back cover page) of the thick-ass "User's manual". It's a self adhesive label, put there by a human, no doubt..

Email would be completely new to me, but I dunno, MOTU could have recently made that change?
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Hey Catfish, keep us posted on your progress, I would like to know if MOTU has changed their policies.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

No dice on the using the old key code from original version.

I found my previous versions and all had the key code sticker in book...nothing in either book for version 8.

Could someone really have forgotten to put the key code in? That would be so lame!!!! I've got a session on Sunday! Ugh

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Killahurts wrote:
catfishmusic wrote: I figured, if you don't mind me asking where was yours located for the upgrade? In one of the manuals or did you get the key in an email after purchase?
Mine (DP8) is where it has always been, on the last page (reverse back cover page) of the thick-ass "User's manual". It's a self adhesive label, put there by a human, no doubt.
Same here.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

catfishmusic wrote:Could someone really have forgotten to put the key code in? That would be so lame!!!! I've got a session on Sunday! Ugh
Maybe you can figure out how to start up another 30 day trial for the session.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

The serial is something that gets established with MOTU and is independent of the version.

The Key Code is unique (I think with each major upgrade), but definitely from 7 to 8.

It may be that MOTU is in the process of switching how they distribute the Key Code. Mine was in the back of the fat manual.

I'll assume you checked all of the inside covers the other book (quick start guide), etc.

Do you have access to your previous version?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

stubbsonic wrote:The serial is something that gets established with MOTU and is independent of the version.

The Key Code is unique (I think with each major upgrade), but definitely from 7 to 8.

... Mine was in the back of the fat manual.

I'll assume you checked all of the inside covers the other book (quick start guide), etc....?
That's where they put it. Could someone have forgotten?

When you activate your license nowadays, you type in your key code, email address and name exactly as MOTU has it on file. If you to do not do this, the DP 8 license server will not let you authorize.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
catfishmusic

Dp 8 upgrade key code?

Post by catfishmusic »

Yeah I think someone dropped the ball, bc I've checked multiple times no key code anywhere in either book...I even checked the box to see if it somehow came loose and fell out. Kind if a drag to say the least.

It's a new computer so it was a fresh install. No previous version installed. Looks like I'll be using evil pro tools for my session tomorrow.

BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

The last time I did a set-up (new MP) I couldn't find my manual (just moved house). I contacted the nice folks at MOTU and they re-confirmed my Key Code via email.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

Good to know...,too bad they aren't available on the weekends :(