Click marker and it goes to Sequence 2

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mrbil
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Click marker and it goes to Sequence 2

Post by mrbil »

If I just click the marker box, or the arrow down next to it another sequence comes up and not the sequence window I was on.out of 14 songs recorded in the last 2 days, this only happens on two songs while overdubbing. Weird. Any ideas, perhaps a setting somewhere? 8.06... and it bombed for the first time in ages on monday. http://www.motunation.com/forum/posting ... =post&f=26#
FMiguelez

Re: Click marker and it goes to Sequence 2

Post by FMiguelez »

Marker box?
Down Arrow?

Where? I don't understand your sentences. Can you be more clear?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mrbil

Post by mrbil »

when i click in the marker window whee all of the markers are and i click one, lets say start location, another sequence window come up.
only has happened in 8.06. if you are not on 8.06 do not reply.
must be a bug.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I am in DP8.06 (it's in my signature).

I can't reproduce what you're saying. It works perfectly here, so it's NOT a bug.

What are you trying to accomplish when you click on them? Do you want to pop-edit a number?

Perhaps you are seeing the Markers Window of a chunk that is not the active one (the currently play-enabled chunk) ? Do their window title names match?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mrbil

Post by mrbil »

The other 12 or songs dont do it either just one. Back editing on it now and it was working fine and then when i click the track groups window or track selector to the right, in the sequence window, it automatically goes to another sequence. It is weird. works great for a while then going from mix window to seq window it goes to another sequence I am not using.
Just on this one song. Gotta be a preference??? but know cause the preferences are he same for everything. Ah I will check the option in the new marker setting when they pop up.

Been thru all of the DP from the begining, this is so real and DP crashed yesterday while adding a new audio track and I can't remember the last time DP crashed.
fullertime74

Post by fullertime74 »

Go into "commands" and make sure the dreaded "F#" MIDI trigger is deleted from the shortcut "go to next sequence"...

This is a problem with DP and perhaps it is your cause. I know if you have a MIDI track with MIDI it may be triggering this command

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

What probably happened is that you had open a sequencer window from a non-active track. It's possible to have multiple sequence windows open. At least, it used to be possible. I don't know for sure that it still is in the latest version of DP, but it was always possible in earlier versions.

The fact that you are working with a number of sequences in one file tells me that somehow you managed to open one that wasn't the active sequence, but when you clicked on the marker, it opened the proper one for you.

If you ever are running a sequence, but you don't see the cursor, I'd lay odds at about 99 to 1 that you've got another sequence window open. (that is, if you know the cursor is set to be visible) It happens.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|