HORIZONTAL ZOOM IN/OUT - RESOLVED

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
tommypenngotti
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

HORIZONTAL ZOOM IN/OUT - RESOLVED

Post by tommypenngotti »

In the sequence editor window I always get frustrated when expanding/ contracting because I lose the center point to the edit ! It always goes left or right unless I'm "clicked" on the left of the wiper …..am I overlooking something :banghead:

using Logitech mouse with back buttons

thanks!
Last edited by tommypenngotti on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHz Quad Core, 16GB Ram, OSX.7.5, Dual Cinema Displays -ATI Radeon 5770, Motu 896/828MK II DP 8, Waves v9
philbrown

Re: Expanding view / contracting ?

Post by philbrown »

tommypenngotti wrote:In the sequence editor window I always get frustrated when expanding/ contracting because I lose the center point to the edit ! It always goes left or right unless I'm "clicked" on the left of the wiper …..am I overlooking something :banghead:

using Logitech mouse with back buttons

thanks!
Your question leaves some questions. Expanding/contracting - are you talking about horizontal zooming? From your description... are you zooming by clicking and dragging on the green wiper head? If so, hold down control and command while click dragging the wiper head and that will lock the horizontal position while you zoom.

If that's not what you're talking about we need a clearer description with more step-by-step detailed info in order to help you.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
tommypenngotti

Re: Expanding view / contracting ?

Post by tommypenngotti »

sorry - HORIZONTAL ZOOM in/out is what I meant …..the only way to stay center is to click on the left side of the wiper and if I had anything highlighted as soon as I click left side of field I lose all highlighted events …..hope this helps , please excuse my bad explanations!
Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHz Quad Core, 16GB Ram, OSX.7.5, Dual Cinema Displays -ATI Radeon 5770, Motu 896/828MK II DP 8, Waves v9
philbrown

Re: HORIZONTAL ZOOM IN/OUT

Post by philbrown »

My suggestion works perfectly for me and events stay highlighted while zooming. I don't have any further advice other than what I've given above. Did you try what I said and it didn't work?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
tommypenngotti

Post by tommypenngotti »

I'll scope your suggestion out next session , thank you!
tommypenngotti

Post by tommypenngotti »

>>>hold down control and command while click dragging the wiper head and that will lock the horizontal position while you zoom. <<<

This has helped immensely - thanks Phil! :D
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

tommypenngotti wrote:>>>hold down control and command while click dragging the wiper head and that will lock the horizontal position while you zoom. <<<

This has helped immensely - thanks Phil! :D
Good deal- me too! I have that key combo on one button of my left hand controller (Contour Shuttle Pro) and use that all day long in my editing duties.