Sequencer Window track height commands?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sequencer Window track height commands?

Post by Prime Mover »

Ya know, one thing I've never discovered, but I think may be missing, is I don't know of any commands or shortcuts for resizing track heights in the Sequencer window. One thing I think would be really useful is a command that would take all visible tracks and resize them to being as big as they can to fill up the window without scrolling. So if I have 5 track's open, I can instantly make them equal but maximum height to fit in the window, I think while editing that would be a very useful workflow. I'm constantly wanting to see all visible tracks at the same size, but the only way I know how to do that is to hit the "-" button until they're all as small as they can, and then hit the "+" to make them larger but identical. Kind of a pain. There's probably a better way and I'm just missing it.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
FMiguelez

Re: Sequencer Window track height commands?

Post by FMiguelez »

Using control while resizing a track by dragging it will make ALL tracks shrink or grow to accommodate for the new size. That's a very good one. I think it's with control, but could be option...

I like your suggestion of DP automatically filling the vertical space with the visible tracks in the SE. That would be a time saver! 8)

Option-command-down/up arrow grows them or shrinks them all to their maximum or minimum allowed size. When you have a lot of tracks, this one gets close to what you want (if you follow it with command-up/right arrow for finer adjustment).
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Eddy Yates
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Eddy Yates »

So far that "resize to fit" command is the only thing I miss after switching from Sonar. It really is a big timesaver. Surprised that MOTU hasn't included it in upgrades. Thanks for bringing it up again.
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610
frankf

Post by frankf »

Hold option while dragging to resize one track will resize all visible tracks vertically. There are many zoom options in DP, search in the Commands window for "zoom"

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
Eddy Yates
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Eddy Yates »

Thanks, Frank. I know that one, but the command I'm looking for is one step, just Control (PC) F or whatever. Hope DP adds it to improvements.
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610