Nice DP organizing tip...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Nice DP organizing tip...

Post by FMiguelez »

MOTU_TechSupport wrote:Hey FMiguelez,

Nice tip! Mind if we use this as a Tip of the Day on our FaceBook page? Would really like to share this technique.
Of course! Please feel free to use it 8)

:unicorn:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Tritonemusic wrote:Can I have your autograph? :koolaid:
bayswater wrote:Make sure they spell your name correctly.
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Your 15 has arrived FM. Savor it!
HCMarkus wrote:FM, you are famous! :D
I've been up all night installing my new system. By the time I realized this, my 15 minutes had expired... Can I have an extra 15 in my time zone? :mrgreen:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MOTU_TechSupport

Post by MOTU_TechSupport »

Thanks for the tip, FM.

If anyone else wants their "15 minutes of fame", send us your tips to tech_tips@motu.com

Thanks!
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

MOTU_TechSupport wrote: If anyone else wants their "15 minutes of fame", send us your tips to tech_tips@motu.com

Thanks!
But only FM has an eye patch...
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

FMiguelez wrote:I've been up all night installing my new system. By the time I realized this, my 15 minutes had expired... Can I have an extra 15 in my time zone? :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great tip!
DP10.13
frankf

Post by frankf »

FM, thanks. For some reason I've only used separators in tracks. They are saved as a clipping with color, output nulled, and other settings the way I like them. I use Keyboard Maestro to get rid of the "copy" suffix DP adds when dragging the clip to the TO.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB