DP 8.06 Is Available

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
adriano
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8.06 Is Available

Post by adriano »

Downloading right now. :)

Adriano
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
FMiguelez

Re: DP 8.06 Is Available

Post by FMiguelez »

Nice!!!

:unicorn:

From their website:
http://cdn-data.motu.com/site/docs/dp/v ... readme.pdf
MOTU wrote:Enhancements introduced in version 8.06 Version 8.06 provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. Here are just a few highlights:
• Added new Guided Lessons, which provide integrated, interactive tutorials. See the new Guided Lesson project in Application Support, or download it as part of the updated tutorial materials from motu.com/download. • Improved operation with multiple Core Audio devices running under 10.9. • Sends can now be dragged and dropped in the mixer, just like effect settings.
• Support for Japanese text input on Windows. • Improved importing crossfades from OMF and AAF files. • Improved operation on Windows with drag and drop, window focus, instrument aux assignments, and the Movie window. • Fix for an issue on Windows where Digidesign Accel HD hardware wouldn't change sample rate. • Addressed several issues related to Movies and Load. • VIs now retain their aux assignments when duplicating a chunk. • Improved compatibility with Scuffham S-Gear plugins. • Video output offset now works with MOTU video hardware and DV output, even when DP is resolved to an external time base. • Improved compatibility with UAD plug-ins on Windows. • MIDI tracks now retain output assignments to V-Rack VIs when loaded from a document containing the same V-Rack. • Fixed a problem with icon menus in plug-ins on Mac OS X 10.9 systems
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MOTU wrote: • Sends can now be dragged and dropped in the mixer, just like effect settings.
How COOL is that? 8)

I hope sends default to - infinity now, please...
MOTU wrote: • Support for Japanese text input on Windows.
Meh...
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
adriano

Post by adriano »

MOTU wrote: • Support for Japanese text input on Windows.
Meh...[/quote]

Hey, watch it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Thanks for the heads up. :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
groove

Post by groove »

• VIs now retain their aux assignments when duplicating a chunk.
• Video output offset now works with MOTU video hardware and DV output, even when DP is resolved to an external time base.
Can't wait to download!
---------
iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Xeon E5, 64GB ram OS X 10.15.7, UA Apollo 8 Quad + Satellite Quad, UA 2192, Waves V12, LASS Full, VSL, Korg MS-20, Elektron A4, Moog SlimPhatty, NI Komplete13, ROLI, Soundtoys 5, Arturia V Collection, GForce Oddity, Serum.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Not sure if it's necessary with this update or not, but everyone might want to rename the 8.05 app file before updating so this update doesn't overwrite it.

Overwrite never used to happen with DP updates, but 8.05 did overwrite 8.04.

It's good to have both versions around for a while so you can compare any behavior changes between them for troubleshooting purposes, or go back to the old one in case the new version gives you fits.

Of course, with Time Machine it's really not that big of a worry.
DP10.13
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Sadly, even though the Read Me states that 8.06 offers improved compatibility with Scuffham
Amps plug-ins, the problem of Crash-On-Quit from projects containing Scuffham plugs has
not been fixed. :(

It's not a huge deal because I've come to expect the COQ with any project that has Scuffham
amps, and I don't bother to send the crash report anymore.

It's still a tad annoying, though.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
dix

Post by dix »

Dan Worley wrote:Not sure if it's necessary with this update or not, but everyone might want to rename the 8.05 app file before updating so this update doesn't overwrite it.
My experience is that you have to make a copy of DP and rename that.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Time Machine will be ok to restore from.

Also got crash on quit (haven't had that before the update). I started a thread for bugs and such... just to put those reports in the right section.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=57002
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

dix wrote:
Dan Worley wrote:Not sure if it's necessary with this update or not, but everyone might want to rename the 8.05 app file before updating so this update doesn't overwrite it.
My experience is that you have to make a copy of DP and rename that.
The updates are full versions now so there's no need to make a copy. Just rename DP's app file before installing the update, e.g., "Digital Performer (8.05).app"

The update will write as Digital Performer.app
DP10.13
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

FMiguelez wrote:I hope sends default to - infinity now, please...
Meh...
Inserts still at zero.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

For the record, the READ ME:
Enhancements introduced in version 8.06
Version 8.06 provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. Here are just a few highlights:
• Added new Guided Lessons, which provide integrated, interactive tutorials. See the new Guided Lesson project in Application Support, or download it as part of the
updated tutorial materials from motu.com/download.
• Improved operation with multiple Core Audio devices running under 10.9.
• Sends can now be dragged and dropped in the mixer, just like effect settings.
• Support for Japanese text input on Windows.
• Improved importing crossfades from OMF and AAF files.
• Improved operation on Windows with drag and drop, window focus, instrument aux assignments, and the Movie window.
• Fix for an issue on Windows where Digidesign Accel HD hardware wouldn't change sample rate.
• Addressed several issues related to Movies and Load.
• VIs now retain their aux assignments when duplicating a chunk.
• Improved compatibility with Scuffham S-Gear plugins.
• Video output offset now works with MOTU video hardware and DV output, even when DP is resolved to an external time base.
• Improved compatibility with UAD plug-ins on Windows.
• MIDI tracks now retain output assignments to V-Rack VIs when loaded from a document containing the same V-Rack.
• Fixed a problem with icon menus in plug-ins on Mac OS X 10.9 systems
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

bayswater wrote:
FMiguelez wrote:I hope sends default to - infinity now, please...
Meh...
Inserts still at zero.
:(

Do they really work like plug-ins? I mean, can you move, copy or delete multiple sends at the same time from channel to channel (dragging objects)?? If so, that is really nice and would expedite send setup by a lot.

BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Any word on the tempo-based effects issues?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku