Mackie MCU <--> DP8 Documentation?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Branford
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mackie MCU <--> DP8 Documentation?

Post by Branford »

This seems a bit basic but…

I just picked up a Mackie MCU. I've looked/searched (not hard enough?) but is there some sort of documentation/PDF/guide for configuring the DP8<-->MCU interface? Yes, there's the "lexan overlay" but some initial questions/confusions were akin to: "How do I pick/choose (and 'label') what tracks are used by the MCU? (beside the 'first 8')", "What if I want to customize the Rwd/FF to 'rewind/forward to last/next marker?", … There will be all sorts of mysteries and I really don't want to blaze old trails and have to make it an adventure (MIDI dumps/control sequences?), I'd rather just read/learn it. Is there some sort of documentation that is a good "go to" reference? I apologize if it's in some blatant place and I still didn't find it. :)

(While I'm asking - per the Forum, a few months ago there were some issues with the latest MCU driver; has this been fixed/repaired by "now"/Feb2014/8.05? If so, what's the "correct" version of the driver (and how do I get it if necessary)?)

Thanks!
NazRat

Re: Mackie MCU <--> DP8 Documentation?

Post by NazRat »

In the help menu for DP you can select 'Control Surfaces Help' and then open the pdf for the MCU.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Branford

Re: Mackie MCU <--> DP8 Documentation?

Post by Branford »

Never thought of looking there :) - thank you!