Volume Automation Question (editing sibilance/'esses')

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Volume Automation Question (editing sibilance/'esses')

Post by monkey man »

EMRR wrote:The INCLUDED DE-ESSER in DP8! It works! Better than the dynamic EQ or any other side-chained method! More than controllable enough to forget trying manual work!
Wha...? Wow. I thought the DEQ was MOTU's de-esser "option". :shock:

Doug, you really are a genius. I mean, who'd have thunk it?
bolla wrote:
monkey man wrote:If the lyric was "Super star simian, swings through the trees, in star spangled suspenders, simply done with ease" I might have to modify my approach.
Exactly. Your example is typical of the latest flavour of the month for the lemming-like lyricists we have to put up with down here in Jungleville. The only up-side is that in a month's time it'll be another consonant, hopefully not a sibilant one. I hate it when it's esses for a month, followed by tees. By the end of that second month I'm cravin' plosives... non-sibilant plosives, that is.

Aah... life in Jungleville. Livin' the dream...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here