Moving Altiverb 6 Impulse Responses to different drive?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Moving Altiverb 6 Impulse Responses to different drive?

Post by James Steele »

Before I go digging for this, just wondered if any other Altiverb 6 users might tell me if it's a simple matter to move one's Impulse Responses folder to a different drive. I have a boot SSD that isn't particularly large and found that the impulse responses take up 2.13GB on my boot drive. I want to move the impulse responses to my Samples Library drive.

Is it a big deal to just move this and point Altiverb to the new one? Thanks!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MartinBaird

Re: Moving Altiverb 6 Impulse Responses to different drive?

Post by MartinBaird »

James,

It's very simple from what I remember. Just copy the folder to wherever you want it. Then click on the + sign and choose Select Other IR Folder. The + sign is at bottom right of the IR Browser window.

Martin
Martin Baird
martin@vmw.us
DP 10, MachFive, Electric Keys, 828es, MTP A/V USB
Mac Pro 2 x 3.33 GHz Six-Core, Mac OS X 10.14.6
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thanks Martin!!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I had to do this recently myself due to my SSD almost being filled up. It was as simple as described.

Has anyone compared performance before/after moving the IR'S? I didn't get a chance, but haven't noticed issues. I would think IR's would benefit a lot from being on an SSD though.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thanks! It WAS easy. Also pleased to find that 32 Lives is working with Altiverb 6 as well. Used to be it had a problem with it and I had to use jBridgeM instead.