Suggestions on Mixer / CueMix...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Suggestions on Mixer / CueMix...

Post by wonder »

I have a Tascam DM24 that the screen has crapped out. Its older than God and I have spent years trying to find a replacement screen but to no avail and I'm ready to get rid of it and get something else.

I basically use it for these purposes ...
Headphone Cues (sending ADAT to my HEARBACK system)
Verb for tracking vocals
Running back mixes into DP VIA SPDIF.

I'm looking for a solution to cover headphone cues and would love to utilize the 8 channels on the HEARBACK (the DM24 only has 6 aux sends).

I've never gotten the hang of CUEMIX at all. I like the "set it and forget it I have setup at the moment.

Any suggestions on what to look into? I don't have a huge budget but was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to answer all my needs with one purchase?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Suggestions on Mixer / CueMix...

Post by 4stripes »

Well, there are dozens of interfaces that would help you. You could just figure out CueMix--it's just a mixer, exactly like any other mixer (inputs>busses>outputs).

Used Yamaha "O" series would do it. Behringer X32 series. Any USB mixer with FX. The list goes on and on.
Themadman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Suggestions on Mixer / CueMix...

Post by Themadman »

I had the same issue, there's a company called 2Seemy they make a video card for the tascam dm24 and it installs ez and works perfect, I really like the bigger screen. now the video display is 19 inches. What a big help indeed. Now if I can just get the firewire card to work properly with dp6 :deadhorse: http://www.motunation.com/forum/posting ... 26&t=56577#