NAMM Dinner 2014!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NAMM Dinner 2014!

Post by Tim »

Where's the NAMM Dinner 2015 thread?
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Got this info from MOTU-MAC:

Motunation NAMM dinner 2015!!
Expand Messages

jwfatgruv2001
Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2014
I just wanted to let everyone know about the upcoming MOTU Users NAMM Dinner! I sincerely apologize for being so late with this. It has been a crazy 5 months for me, but 2015 looks to be a fabulous year! I’m sure we all have a lot of catching up to do at the dinner!

You do not have to be a NAMM attendee to go to the dinner, you can bring a friend, date, or anyone you would like.

This year it is Friday Jan. 23, 2015, 6:30p, at The El Torito Restaurant (where else?) 2020 E. Ball Rd., Anaheim, CA 92806. We have a private room at El Torito from 6:30p until about 11:00p, so don't worry about being "on Time".

For those attending the NAMM show, we meet at the MOTU booth around 5:45p friday afternoon so that anyone who needs a ride to the dinner can get one. Anyone who doesn't know who I am can just walk up to the handsome guy in a suit standing around the MOTU booth and say "Hi Jim!" That will probably be Jim Cooper, and he can point you towards me (not in a suit!). :)

This will be our 18th!!! annual dinner (we started when Danilo still had hair!), and each year they get bigger and better! The swag this year will of course be very cool and maybe even functional (not sure yet). There are even rumors of manufacturer gift swag! I said rumors...

This is our chance to show & tell the hard working MOTU guys & gals how much we appreciate all their hard work over the past year.

As usual, this is a "no host" affair. What this means: we each pay our own way, plus a little extra to cover our honored guests, the MOTU guys. As it turns out, their Cambridge dollars are no good out here on the left coast. Often we get a guest appearance from some plugin developers as well.

Here's the W,W,W,W,W:

Who: You + the tragically hip MOTU guys
What: Dinner, Cocktails, Ballroom Dancing!
When: Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 6:30pm
Where: El Torito Restaurant, 2020 East Ball Road, Anaheim, CA 92806 (714) 956.4880
Why: Why? Because we like you!

Please respond to this message privately (or not) as an RSVP. It's always good to get a head count for the restaurant.

Hope to see you there!
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Anyone have any pics from the dinner?
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Just some crappy phone pic. We had a record turn out: 54. A lot of MOTU guys as well!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!