Antares Plugins with DP8

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
aaron_cabral
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Antares Plugins with DP8

Post by aaron_cabral »

I just upgraded to DP8 and none of my Antares plugins are showing up anywhere. They still show up fine in my DP 7.24. I am talking specifically about Auto-Tune Evo, Articulator, Choir, Duo, Harmony effects, Mutator, Punch, and Throat. Anyone have any idea why?
iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7w/ 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.5, MOTU 828 Mk III Hybrid, Digital Performer 8.05, Mach Five 3.2, Guitar Rig 5, Superior Drummer 2.0, MOTU Electronic Keys, tons of other plug ins (Waves, Antares, etc.) and VI's, Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro mixer, KRK Rokit 8 Studio Monitors, Yamaha NS10s , Gibson Les Pauls Standard and Studio, Fender American Stratocaster, Martin Acoustics, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Marshall JCM 800, Fender Hot Rod Deville, Trace Elliot TA200, Alesis QS 6.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Antares Plugins with DP8

Post by James Steele »

aaron_cabral wrote:I just upgraded to DP8 and none of my Antares plugins are showing up anywhere. They still show up fine in my DP 7.24. I am talking specifically about Auto-Tune Evo, Articulator, Choir, Duo, Harmony effects, Mutator, Punch, and Throat. Anyone have any idea why?
Did you launch DP8 in 64-bit mode? If you did, it may be that those plug-ins are not 64-bit compatible. Find the DP8 app, Get Info, and mark the check box to run in 32-bit mode. Relaunch DP8 and see if you see those plugs now.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

As James suggests, I can confirm. None are 64bit. Neither will any work in OS 10.7 or later nor will any of the available wrappers work on these. So, if these are important plugs for you, don't upgrade your OS and run DP 8 32bit until Antares finally gets the 64bit versions released (I'm waiting, too).

AutoTune 7 is the only one available for upgrade so far but the others are promised soon. You may to wish to give them a call and see if you can sweet talk them into the special upgrade price they offered a few months back. They are likely to offer it again when they release the others as 64bit.

I upgraded to AT 7 - it works ok - and got the AT Live bundled free for which I have no use.

I have played with the others but never did much with them so I hope there's a good upgrade price or I'm not likely to upgrade. I have a G4 with DP 5.13 on it that I use to mess around a bit with the other plugs in the EVO Suite. I live about 30 minutes from Antares and am half tempted to knock on the door and say, c"mon...
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
aaron_cabral

Post by aaron_cabral »

32 bit that totally makes sense especially because they work in DP 7. I'll see what the prices are when they release the 64 bit modes. Thanks so much for the info.
iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7w/ 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.5, MOTU 828 Mk III Hybrid, Digital Performer 8.05, Mach Five 3.2, Guitar Rig 5, Superior Drummer 2.0, MOTU Electronic Keys, tons of other plug ins (Waves, Antares, etc.) and VI's, Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro mixer, KRK Rokit 8 Studio Monitors, Yamaha NS10s , Gibson Les Pauls Standard and Studio, Fender American Stratocaster, Martin Acoustics, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Marshall JCM 800, Fender Hot Rod Deville, Trace Elliot TA200, Alesis QS 6.1
rainmaker
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rainmaker »

Actually, all the Antares plugins at 32 bit do work fine in 10.7 or later. In fact I ran them all with DP 8 just fine in 10.8 and now even in 10.9 which I upgraded to today. Also, the 32 Lives wrapper works as well in Mavericks and DP 8.5 to bring all the Antares plugs into the 64 bit world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Guess what got announced today? I stumbled onto this:

http://www.antarestech.com/products/det ... t=AVOX_4_6

Nice to see mic modeler included - it's about time.

Upgrade from AVOX EVO separately is $79. I doubt it's going to get less than that but I'll hold off till I receive the official email announcement - sometimes they will go even lower on a promo - or else that is the promo. In any case, I'm in. Your upgrade price depends on how you purchased it originally.

In my case, I had two licenses. Fortunately, I got a really good upgrade price to AT 7 a few months ago so my combined upgrade cost me about what the single upgrade price is below. If I had to go the 2-license upgrade route, I'd be on the phone complaining (shhhh... it can work if you do it right) and trying to get them to combine both for the single license rate.

From their web site.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchased a version of Auto-Tune Vocal Studio (32-bit) that included two registration codes, one for Auto-Tune 7 and one for AVOX Evo, you should use those codes to individually upgrade Auto-Tune 7 and AVOX Evo to Auto-Tune 7 (64-bit) and AVOX 4.

If you purchased a recent version of Auto-Tune Vocal Studio (32-bit) that included a single code, then use that code to upgrade to Auto-Tune Vocal Studio (64-bit).

Upgrade From Upgrade Price
Auto-Tune Vocal Studio Native (32-bit) $158.00

Upgrades to Auto-Tune 7 Native (64-bit)
To Upgrade, you will need the Registration Code from your current product. (If you can't find it, we can probably help. Go here.)

Upgrades to Auto-Tune 7 are available from the following products:

Auto-Tune 7 v.7.1.3 or earlier* $79.00
Auto-Tune 7 TDM (w/32-bit Native Versions)** $79.00
Auto-Tune Evo $129.00
Auto-Tune 5 $149.00
Auto-Tune 4 $149.00
Auto-Tune 3 $149.00
Auto-Tune (Original Version) $149.00
Auto-Tune EFX 2 $229.00
Auto-Tune EFX $229.00
Auto-Tune VST LE $299.00

* If you purchased Auto-Tune 7 v.7.1.3 or earlier after September 8, 2012, you are eligible for a free upgrade to Auto-Tune 7 64-bit.

** This will upgrade your Auto-Tune 7 TDM license to include 64-bit Native versions

AVOX Evo* $ 79.00
AVOX 2 $ 99.00
AVOX (original version) $199.00
Harmony Engine Evo $199.00
Harmony Engine $249.00
Mic Mod EFX $299.00

* If you purchased AVOX Evo after May 1st, 2013, you are eligible for a free upgrade to AVOX 4 64-bit
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
towerproductions

Post by towerproductions »

I just downloaded installed the latest version of Antares autotune EFX 3 and find it is not showing up in DP8.07 64b . It does say it is 32 and 64b compatible. I reinstalled it a second time to make sure and I can see it in the components folder but not in any of the DP plugin prefs or in the drop down plugin menus . I have their Avox choir and installed that recently and that shows up and is working fine in DP 8. I sent Antares an email today but haven't heard back yet but was wondering if anyone has EFX3 installed and working in DP 8 .

TIA
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
towerproductions

Post by towerproductions »

Never mind I finally sorted it out and found It apparently failed the plugin examination . I turned it on and its working fine .
Antares is aware of this and are trying to figure out why it failed the examination but still works fine.
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.