DP Control and ios7

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dave pine
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP Control and ios7

Post by dave pine »

ok, i'm being smart and chicken, has anybody tried it yet, does it work?

i'm on an ipad 3
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
Gravity Jim

Re: DP Control and ios7

Post by Gravity Jim »

It launches fine. I'll test features during a VO session later today.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
ironchef_marc

Post by ironchef_marc »

I just tested it and it is not stable and will definitely need an update.
Seems to work fine for just playback but the app crashes when I tried to add a marker or tried to record.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I have quite a few audio apps and don't plan on upgrading just yet. Someone who agrees with me:

http://www.native-instruments.com/knowl ... s+products.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
ChrisByrd

Post by ChrisByrd »

I mentioned in another post that I had upgraded my iPad 3 and was having trouble with DP Control. Switching to the Mixer view seems to crash it most often.
MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.9.1, Apogee Duet Firewire, Yamaha S90, Digital Performer 8.0.5, Finale 2012c, Cubase 7, Logic Pro X, NI Komplete 9, HALion 5
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I just did a VO session using, as I always do, my iPhone as a remote from the live room. Worked just like always under iOS7. Lock to host, record, stop, make new takes, undo... A-OK.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
ironchef_marc

Post by ironchef_marc »

Gravity Jim wrote:Worked just like always under iOS7.
Weird, I reported to MOTU tech support and they had similar problems I had. Lucky you then. You are using DP control on which device? Mine is an iPhone5
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Mine is a 4s. Perhaps the problems are intermittent, and I just had a lucky session... But like I say, it did everything I use it for without a hiccup. I'm sure MOTU will update shortly.
Jim Bordner

dave pine

Post by dave pine »

I talked to tech support also, they said they're going to be updating DP control
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
ChrisByrd

Post by ChrisByrd »

It's good to know an update is on the way. I'm finding the problem intermittent but fairly regular.
MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.9.1, Apogee Duet Firewire, Yamaha S90, Digital Performer 8.0.5, Finale 2012c, Cubase 7, Logic Pro X, NI Komplete 9, HALion 5
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

well, i'm sure the update is going to take it's sweet ass time getting here, can anybody suggest an alternative app to control dp that maybe i don't know about?
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Reviving this thread - just got myself an iPad Air. I downloaded (the now very tired and old-looking) DP Control, and got the afore-mentioned crashes when trying to start up the mixer view.

I also downloaded and installed the latest version of V-Control Pro from Neyrinck. The latter is a good bit of kit, but I really wish Motu would get their act together and catch up with PreSonus, Apple, etc. etc. and refresh their control app. Being able to start and stop DP remotely from the mic stand via the iPad is great, and V-Control is a smart app, but there is a lot more that could be done with this tech.

Interestingly, the in App-store search didn't know anything about 'DP control', or even 'Motu'.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

+1
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Until they do get their acts together, this has proved to be a mighty useful little app that requires some minor programming:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/actions ... 45608?mt=8
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
amergin

Post by amergin »

BKK-OZ wrote:Interestingly, the in App-store search didn't know anything about 'DP control', or even 'Motu'.
DP Control is an iPhone app rather than a Universal or iPad app so it doesn't appear in searches on the iPad tab of the App Store. Do remember that there are a load of useful iPhone apps that will run on your iPad at 2x size but you'll need to switch to the iPhone tab to find them.

Also, as a developer I've spent the last 6 weeks updating my app for iOS 7 - it was no mean feat! There are a huge load of under the hood changes which might be why DP Control is taking a while. I'd keep asking Motu though, keep the polite pressure on.
27" iMac, MOTU 828mk2, 10.6, DP7, Melodyne etc, etc.