DP Control and ios7

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP Control and ios7

Post by BKK-OZ »

amergin wrote:DP Control is an iPhone app rather than a Universal or iPad app so it doesn't appear in searches on the iPad tab of the App Store. Do remember that there are a load of useful iPhone apps that will run on your iPad at 2x size but you'll need to switch to the iPhone tab to find them.
Du-oh! Now there's yer problem!
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

anyone hear any rumors about what's going on with this?
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
pianoguy

Post by pianoguy »

Reviving this thread once again...

Still having the same wonky behavior using DP Control on an iPad air with DP8.06. Doesn't appear MOTU has done any app update for years on DP Remote.

Any word from anyone or from MOTU?

thx,
Scott
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

yeh, it's under development ... more like it's under underdevelopment
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
tommypenngotti

Post by tommypenngotti »

I am having the crash on DP control in the mixer window on my iPad Air IOS8- talked with Motu just now .

"We are aware of the problem…..

"Are there any plans to update"

"I can't comment right now…but we are looking into it"

doesn't sound good.
Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHz Quad Core, 16GB Ram, OSX.7.5, Dual Cinema Displays -ATI Radeon 5770, Motu 896/828MK II DP 8, Waves v9
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Believe it or not, even though DP Control is working fine on my devices, I've set up a very simple controller to load chunks and control transport. It's actually quicker because you don't have to go to different pages. Granted, you can't really control faders, but it's great for chunk loading and transport control.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
tommypenngotti

Post by tommypenngotti »

I hear ya , but I do many sessions sitting at the drum kit and need the mixer to work! :banghead:

Motu HAS to be designing a updated iPAD app or better yet a complete iPAD DAW right?!
Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHz Quad Core, 16GB Ram, OSX.7.5, Dual Cinema Displays -ATI Radeon 5770, Motu 896/828MK II DP 8, Waves v9
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

tommypenngotti wrote:I am having the crash on DP control in the mixer window on my iPad Air IOS8- talked with Motu just now .

"We are aware of the problem…..

"Are there any plans to update"

"I can't comment right now…but we are looking into it"

doesn't sound good.
MOTU never comments on their plans. If/when they do things, you find out when they release it. That's just their way of doing things, and not a bad way, really, if you look at it from their shoes. If they promise something, and something else comes up, they have to deal with "breaking their promise" to a whole bunch of angry people. But if they do it their way, one day the fix just suddenly appears, and everyone is ecstatic and praises MOTU for finally fixing this long-standing problem.

Moreover, "but we are looking into it" is actually quite a comment, coming from MOTU. They rarely say that, either.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

This has been going on too long though - MOTU needs to update their remote (iOS, android, whatever) controller apps.

MOTU must face.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

i predict that when they release dp9, they'll be an integrated ipad app included