V-Racks, Large Templates, and Workflow

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: V-Racks, Large Templates, and Workflow

Post by Killahurts »

Shooshie wrote:To my knowledge, DP has no limits of any kind except RAM. It's always been like that.

Shooshie
You may be right Shoosh, I don't know where I get this stuff.. maybe I was reading a Protools spec. :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Talking about large templates, I read something about Logic that I REALLY want MOTU to incorporate: Delete Unused Tracks

Just like deleting unused soundbites, this would be so helpful for getting rid of stuff you're not going to use from the template (which most times it means most of it). I usually go through that process manually at the end of a project when I archive it, so having that feature would make this so convenient and quick.

:unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

FMiguelez wrote:Talking about large templates, I read something about Logic that I REALLY want MOTU to incorporate: Delete Unused Tracks

Just like deleting unused soundbites, this would be so helpful for getting rid of stuff you're not going to use from the template (which most times it means most of it). I usually go through that process manually at the end of a project when I archive it, so having that feature would make this so convenient and quick.

:unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn:
+1
:woohoo:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
ironchef_marc

Post by ironchef_marc »

FMiguelez wrote:Talking about large templates, I read something about Logic that I REALLY want MOTU to incorporate: Delete Unused Tracks

We're on the same wave length. I've been requesting that for a couple years.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV