Lock the Conductor Track?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Lock the Conductor Track?

Post by frankf »

hamburski wrote:... The conductor track simply proves to be un-include-able: I'm unable to select it along with everything else, nor can I add it after the fact to the rest of what I've selected. I do believe I'm proceeding exactly has Frank has laid it out, but perhaps I'm missing something?
Command-Click the Name of the Conductor Track to add it to the selection made by clicking on the markers. Use Command-click in any edit window to add or remove tracks from a selection.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
hamburski
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hamburski »

Aha! Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
hamburski
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hamburski »

Time to revive this thread - I'm attempting to start a project from the beginning using the method outlined here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cbwmmTzGMk

Basically: create a new Song, create columns for your chunks, drag your chunks into the song, copy conductor tracks, merge markers, and merge chunks to sequence.

Go to new sequence, set chunk start time, and...nada. No waveforms are showing in the new sequence window, no sounds are playing back.

I actually got this to work, for a moment, but everything was out of sync - I suppose because I hadn't hard-wired my tempos into the conductor track but was using the tempo slider since each chunk was going to have its own tempo. When I took the stereo bus out of input, my rough stereo mixes would play back instead, in tempo. In order to rectify the tempo issue, I started over, but now I get the results - or lack thereof - as detailed above.

I know there are more recent threads recommending not to even pursue this approach because of the amount of work one could lose to a corrupted file. Point well taken, but I would like to at least like the satisfaction of getting this to work, even if it's not always the best idea.