Steven Slate Raven MTi

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rainmaker
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Steven Slate Raven MTi

Post by rainmaker »

Hey, Steven, just wondering if there's any more news of any possible development with DP and the Raven... I would really love to get either the MTX or daisy chain two MTI's. Also, does Seattle GCPro have these for demo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
rainmaker

Post by rainmaker »

It looks like Steven may have abandoned the idea of Raven development for DP? Or maybe he's just busy getting it done so we all can enjoy it. I have demoed the MTI twice now. Interesting piece of gear. Not sure if I love it or hate it.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

Writing, testing, and rewriting good software can take months, especially if you're working on several things at once.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Shooshie wrote:...especially if you're working on several things at once.
Which Steven is always doing. Frankly, that guy is my entrepreneurial hero. Hats off to him. I admire him quit a bit.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
chaim

Post by chaim »

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much- ... le-11.html

"DP users, I promise if there was a list of 300 + DP users who were committed to getting an MTi, we would do it in a heartbeat.

Cheers,
Steven"
Mac Pro 2X quad core 2.26 Ghz, 22 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4 | DP 8.05 | 2408MKII

Beta Tester for Toontrack
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

chaim wrote:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much- ... le-11.html

"DP users, I promise if there was a list of 300 + DP users who were committed to getting an MTi, we would do it in a heartbeat.

Cheers,
Steven"
I guess that's the magic number. I guess the difficult part is nowadays you'd have to demo something like that first and given that we're still in a soft economy, if people can make do with what they have and aren't convinced that the productivity gains are substantial *enough*... they may not be able to commit. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

James Steele wrote:
chaim wrote:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much- ... le-11.html

Cheers,
Steven"
I guess that's the magic number. I guess the difficult part is nowadays you'd have to demo something like that first and given that we're still in a soft economy, if people can make do with what they have and aren't convinced that the productivity gains are substantial *enough*... they may not be able to commit. :(
Wow, good observation James. I know things are "soft" around my studio this year, it would take a lot to get me to purchase into a new workflow right now, even if it was superior. Damn, I hate this bad economy.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

hey steven, if you build it, they will come
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
chaim

Post by chaim »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmHWhjTP9PA

DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP :banghead:

Please Please Please!
Mac Pro 2X quad core 2.26 Ghz, 22 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4 | DP 8.05 | 2408MKII

Beta Tester for Toontrack
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

chaim wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmHWhjTP9PA

DP DP DP DP DP DP DP DP :banghead:

Please Please Please!

They will!!

Didn't you read the description? DP is on the slate, er, uhh...

Anyway, I'm glad to see Slate decided to put DP on its coming soon list. If we could do with DP the things this 2.0 software is doing with Pro Tools, I'm in. Period.

That video almost made me wanna switch DAWs for a second, but I quickly remembered that I had been down that road before.. :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Take a look at 1:25. This is what I've been wanting and asking for in DP for quite some time -- applying a plug-in to multiple tracks at once. I also would like a way of selecting tracks in the mixer. I hope MOTU adds some of these features into DP.

P.S. It's absolutely killer that Slate will be supporting DP on the Raven. I had given up on that idea. I plan on buying one once that happens. Fantastic stuff.
DP10.13
labman

Post by labman »

I concur Dan. There are so many workflow game changers in that video, that I am 'hoping' it comes soon. And by soon I mean in my lifetime as I am old !!!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

labman wrote:I There are so many workflow game changers in that video, ...
That's what I was thinking. If they can get those macros working with any DAW, just how much does it matter which one is sitting behind it?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

labman wrote:There are so many workflow game changers in that video
Yes, real game changers, not just marketing hype. The batch bouncing stuff is just sick, I won't be content until I have it in my workflow!
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Features look great. Indeed it would be great for MOTU to integrate similar into DP.

Any comments about reaching for faders all day every day as opposed to using a mouse? I ended up with my back frozen after working with my first console full time in the early nineties. Currently I have an expensive ergonomically designed chair that I can sit in all day with great posture, barely moving anything except my hand. Makes long days go like butter.

Also, when I went to DP and got rid of my Mackie D8B, I carpeted the desk where the console used to sit, so between that and my ceiling being treated my sweet spot between the monitors is...well, oh so sweet. No reflections. One would not imagine a piece of hardware back on the desk not changing this, even just a little.

Not disparaging the product, it looks great. However, it is quite nice sitting in a finely tuned chair, barely moving arms, and enjoying a rock solid mixing environment for hours on end...all day every day.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com