Will Miroslav work in DP8/64 via jBridge?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Trouble w Miroslav and DP 8.0

Post by mikehalloran »

dennisblischak wrote:I'm having a problem w Miroslav and DP 8.0
Any time I go to the Mix window and move a fader, or do just about anything at all, the sounds in the Miroslav "lock up". I don't think it's a MIDI problem because the "all MIDI notes off" command has no effect on this. I have to disable the Miroslav VI, then enable it again to release the sustained/stuck sounds.
I'm running DP in 32 bit mode using a mac mini, 2.6 ghz, system 10.9.2 w 16 Gigs of memory. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Why are you running 8.0?

Re-name it so that the installer will not overwrite and run the 8.06 installer. See if you still have the same problem.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Will Miroslav work in DP8/64 via jBridge?

Post by James Steele »

Tobor wrote:But it's "go 64 or go home" for me as well, so the wait continues. For Miroslav (Sampletank), for FG/X.
You're welcome to do what you wish, but you could be using both of those right now, with no problems in DP 8.06 is 64-bit mode. If you expect you'll have no use for any legacy plugs in the future, I guess I can see waiting. I have one or two, like LiquidMix for example, that I know for sure no 64-bit version will be forthcoming, hence 32 Lives seems like a pretty good investment for me. Plus, I get a kick running PlugSound Pro's original UI instead of using it in MachFive 3. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

James Steele wrote:
Tobor wrote:But it's "go 64 or go home" for me as well, so the wait continues. For Miroslav (Sampletank), for FG/X.
You're welcome to do what you wish, but you could be using both of those right now, with no problems in DP 8.06 is 64-bit mode. If you expect you'll have no use for any legacy plugs in the future, I guess I can see waiting. I have one or two, like LiquidMix for example, that I know for sure no 64-bit version will be forthcoming, hence 32 Lives seems like a pretty good investment for me. Plus, I get a kick running PlugSound Pro's original UI instead of using it in MachFive 3. :)
Well, that IS a very good point. My mastering options are such that I'm not chomping to use FG/X (hadn't used it enough before jumping to 64 to get a real handle on it), but Miroslav I would jump through a hoop for.

The problem is, I have jumped through the hoop a couple times with Miro, going back to 32 bit mode in DP7.24 and printing MIDI to audio, then opening up the file in 64. It wasn't that big of a headache. But something went haywire with the authorization process; everytime I open it up it tries to authorize, unsuccessfully (it appears to authorize but the next time I open it it asks for authorization again), and though it operates it seems to be in demo mode or something and behaves weirdly, the attacks don't seem right. For some reason it doesn't sound or respond the same.

I think it might be an issue with the old authorization software and Mavericks, whatever, I just gave up and started hoping that Sampletank 3, at least, was around the corner and would be able to play the presets.

My old Macbook doesn't have the authorization problem, therefore when I open it in 7.24/SL it plays and sounds as I remember it. Which is pretty darn good, more than worthy of an upgrade.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hmmmm... good point! I can't recall, but sometimes I haven't run into these problems because I *haven't* done a fresh install, but just upgraded so my authorizations were intact. I know I got caught in the authorization loop when I tried to run my very old TRackS 1.0 with one of the bridging apps. I wrote to IK and they told me I could us within the newer plug. Not all my TRackS modules showed up as previously purchased. I'll have to write IK when I have time.

Anyway, good point. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.3 and Miroslave Philharmonik CE is working great in 32 Lives, but for all I know I authorized it under an earlier operating system. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

But something went haywire with the authorization process; everytime I open it up it tries to authorize, unsuccessfully (it appears to authorize but the next time I open it it asks for authorization again), and though it operates it seems to be in demo mode or something and behaves weirdly, the attacks don't seem right. For some reason it doesn't sound or respond the same.
What isn't authorizing properly? I wasn't able to figure out what "it" is.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

mikehalloran wrote:
But something went haywire with the authorization process; everytime I open it up it tries to authorize, unsuccessfully (it appears to authorize but the next time I open it it asks for authorization again), and though it operates it seems to be in demo mode or something and behaves weirdly, the attacks don't seem right. For some reason it doesn't sound or respond the same.
What isn't authorizing properly? I wasn't able to figure out what "it" is.
"It" is Miro. When launched (or just active in an old file), the IK's old authorization wizard pops up and tries to authorize it. IK has since switched to Authorization Manager.

I had a 'duh' light bulb moment, and just tried to authorize Miro in Authorization Manager, apparently with success. Then I booted up 7.24, and there was the old authorization pop-up message again, telling me it was not authorized. Once again, the authorization didn't 'take'.

Funny thing is, when I boot up on my Snow Leopard clone drive, Miro is authorized and runs fine, same computer. Running fine as well, as I mentioned earlier, on my old SL Macbook.

So....I can run Miroslav on this computer if I want to boot to my clone drive and use DP7.24.

Too many hoops, although I'm still willing to do it for all my old files which used Miro, I can simply print and use the audio in DP8.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.