Will Miroslav work in DP8/64 via jBridge?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tobor
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Will Miroslav work in DP8/64 via jBridge?

Post by Tobor »

I think I know that the answer is 'No' based on multiple comments in the forum unless I am mistaken.

I'm putting the question out again, however, as I was just reading the review of DP8 in the latest Keyboard Mag. Marty Cutler, who wrote the review, is a good writer and I've long enjoyed his reviews. The review is extremely positive for DP8 so a nice read.

But, in the sidebar to the article discussing jBridge as a method of loading 32 bit VIs, the accompanying picture prominently shows Miroslav's interface in a jBridge window. You'll note, however, that no library or sounds are loaded. If Miroslav indeed does not RUN in jBridge, this is VERY misleading. And a tease as well because Miroslav is one of the keys to whether or not I make a definite commitment to 64 bit DP.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
tremo

Re: Will Miroslav work in DP8/64 via jBridge?

Post by tremo »

I know others are unable to run Philharmonik (and/or SampleTank) under jBridge, but after some troubleshooting, I was able to get them both running smoothly. In the jBridge Plugin Settings window for Philharmonik, you need to check "Dirty close" and UNcheck "Run in existing auxhost". And make sure you have the latest version of jBridge (mine is 0.76k).
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.4.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.6 | Logic 10.8
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Thanks, Tremo. That's really useful info, and I'm hopeful that everything will start falling in line now. I'm taking notes!

Fingers crossed on jBridge/Miroslav.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Wow, I do hope I can also get Miroslav working in JBridge. Seems like there is a problem with it in general, though, where the interface no longer displays correctly in Mountain Lion. That is to say, most of it is missing. I will revisit this with this new info, but I'm wondering if it's in vain due to ML. Are you using ML?

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
tremo

Post by tremo »

Shooshie, I'm on SL (I can't even install ML on my ancient Mac Pro). The Miroslav solution (at least for me) goes back to this thread:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=60

I had posted a crashlog, and João sent me a new jBridge build, 0.76k. But looking back through my emails, it seems that 0.76j was the last official release (?) Maybe try the above settings, and if it still doesn't work, ask João for the 0.76k build?
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.4.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.6 | Logic 10.8
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Miroslav is working on my SL, DP8, jBridge set up.
or is it?... you make me doubt. it might have been in logic 64 bit with the Logic bridge..
Not in the studio right now but I´m almost sure it works in DP8 as I installed it on the Mac. and DP is my DAW #1. soooo...
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Shooshie wrote:Wow, I do hope I can also get Miroslav working in JBridge. Seems like there is a problem with it in general, though, where the interface no longer displays correctly in Mountain Lion. That is to say, most of it is missing. I will revisit this with this new info, but I'm wondering if it's in vain due to ML. Are you using ML?

Shoosh
I'm on Mountain Lion now and just loaded a couple old projects with Miroslav. And yes, they initially didn't display the Miroslav interface correctly at first. But just click in the VI window and it displays correctly and plays correctly (in DP8 32 bit).

I'm also assuming that if we disable the current VST host or whatever to attempt the jBridge fix that we can still have Miro accessible in 32bit AU hosts?

I read the referenced thread. The initial picture looks like the one in the Keyboard Mag sidebar. They must have done some editing to the original article because as I mentioned above Miroslav is featured prominently in the sidebar, yet it's the one VI that is difficult to wrangle.
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Might as well try this:

Hey IK, save us all some of our diminishing hair and PLEASE make Miroslav (and your fine T-Racks 3 plugins for that matter) 64 bit ASAP! Feel free to jump ahead of the official launch.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Tobor wrote:Hey IK, save us all some of our diminishing hair and PLEASE make Miroslav (and your fine T-Racks 3 plugins for that matter) 64 bit ASAP!
Exactly. (for Miroslav).

For T-Racks, I think they did 64 bits a few months back. I got updates for my T-Racks singles, a free T-Racks "rack", and some meters. There were a couple of new modules as well. If you had registered T-Racks singles or the masteting package, you should have seen an email on this. Better contact them.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcs/
Tobor wrote: Feel free to jump ahead of the official launch.
There's an official launch for Miroslav?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

No official launch, but I've heard rumors of a new Sampletank release in the future. Just sayin' that just in case they had an update planned for Miroslav, AND were delaying to get all the marketing ducks in a row, please release it to current users as soon as it is usable.

Perfectly willing to beta test.

I was able to upgrade BFD2, EZ Drummer, and Aria player today. Realized that there aren't too many dominos left to be fully 64 bit compatible. I'd just as soon keep the remaining hoops to a minimum. jBridge seems to be a great potential solution but I'd rather perform one task than three or four to get to the same place, if you get my drift.

Had a chance to play around with my favorite Miroslav patches today, and it would be very hard to give it up. Nothing sounds quite like it.
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

Miroslav vst is currently on sale for $29.99:
http://audiodeluxe.com/products/ik-mult ... ilharmonik

Can anyone confirm if Sampletank free player will open up and work in VE Pro with DP8?
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I'm late to this thread, but I'm pretty sure that the AU version of Miroslav works fine with 32 Lives. It seems that development of jBridgeM (the Mac version designated by the "M" suffix) has lagged significantly behind and the developer has been giving priority to Windows support. In light of this, I feel I now have to recommend 32 Lives as a better alternative for Mac users.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Yeah, if I were desperately in need of Miroslav, I'd go with 32 Lives. It doesn't work with JBridge. At least, it didn't when I tried it, but that was many versions ago.

I thought there would be a 64 bit version of Miroslav by now. Pity it hasn't happened.

Then again, I thought there would be a 64 bit version of Slate's FG/X by now. I've stopped using it until it's upgraded, because I just don't like fooling with the 32 bit hosts.

By the way, Miroslav, as it was done by IK Multimedia with the Sampletank host, is a bargain even at many times its price. For the price they're offering these days, it's a no-brainer if you can run it.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Shooshie wrote:Yeah, if I were desperately in need of Miroslav, I'd go with 32 Lives. It doesn't work with JBridge. At least, it didn't when I tried it, but that was many versions ago.

I thought there would be a 64 bit version of Miroslav by now. Pity it hasn't happened.

Then again, I thought there would be a 64 bit version of Slate's FG/X by now. I've stopped using it until it's upgraded, because I just don't like fooling with the 32 bit hosts.

By the way, Miroslav, as it was done by IK Multimedia with the Sampletank host, is a bargain even at many times its price. For the price they're offering these days, it's a no-brainer if you can run it.

Shoosh
+1

I'm on vacation and using my 2007 MacBook and Axiom when I need a little musical diversion excursion. It's a 32 bit system so the only chance I have these days to play around with Miroslav. In spite of owning some nice string sounds, like Omnisphere just to name one, there's just something special about Miroslav's vibe.

But it's "go 64 or go home" for me as well, so the wait continues. For Miroslav (Sampletank), for FG/X.

The "Godot" upgrades.
dennisblischak

Trouble w Miroslav and DP 8.0

Post by dennisblischak »

I'm having a problem w Miroslav and DP 8.0
Any time I go to the Mix window and move a fader, or do just about anything at all, the sounds in the Miroslav "lock up". I don't think it's a MIDI problem because the "all MIDI notes off" command has no effect on this. I have to disable the Miroslav VI, then enable it again to release the sustained/stuck sounds.
I'm running DP in 32 bit mode using a mac mini, 2.6 ghz, system 10.9.2 w 16 Gigs of memory. Has anyone else encountered this problem?