BIG NEWS! 64-bit Alpha Track CS Plug-In Available NOW!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: BIG NEWS! 64-bit Alpha Track CS Plug-In Available NOW!

Post by toodamnhip »

James Steele wrote:Dunno. Heck, I hate to read forums anymore because if I took them seriously I'd assume every piece of software sucked and was unusable. :)
Well, did Alpha Tracks reports turn out to be true as to ITS bugs?..
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Not sure what you're referring to? The bug it HAD was just not being compatible with DP8 running in 64-bit mode. Actually, I reported a bug with the new control surface bundle and fixed it before it was released.

What I'm saying is that you have to take most reports of problems on forums with a grain of salt, because many turn out to be user error, others are machine specific, etc. It's a lot like Yelp restaurant reviews. There will be lots of positive ones and then the occasional bad one. I like to try things and make up my own mind.

As been pointed out, ad nauseum, people generally don't go to forums to report that their DAW is working great and they're getting projects done. They show up to report problems or complain and scanning the forums can give a skewed outlook of a DAW's reliability, etc.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BTW, regarding FaderPort... it may be a different situation because Faderport is a currently produced and sold product. It might be stepping on Presonus's toes, since they are responsible for it.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

James Steele wrote:BTW, regarding FaderPort... it may be a different situation because Faderport is a currently produced and sold product. It might be stepping on Presonus's toes, since they are responsible for it.
I spoke w/ tech support at Presonus back in March and this is a quote of what they told me, "I have found out we are not supporting DP 8 as this time and I am not sure when this will change."

It is possible that they will support it eventually, but that response wasn't very optimistic to me. I will probably hold on to the Presonus, even though I ordered the alpha track, for a little while longer to see if they will support it. If they don't, its going on Ebay.
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I know Cameron expressed an interest in it, and if Presonus can't be bothered with it, maybe he can tackle it. I just think he didn't want to get into any hassles with Presonus.

toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

James Steele wrote:I know Cameron expressed an interest in it, and if Presonus can't be bothered with it, maybe he can tackle it. I just think he didn't want to get into any hassles with Presonus.
I wonder if users banding together in support of a fix would “move” the company? It would be VERY selfish of them to just refuse to allow the product to be fixed.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

toodamnhip wrote:
James Steele wrote:I know Cameron expressed an interest in it, and if Presonus can't be bothered with it, maybe he can tackle it. I just think he didn't want to get into any hassles with Presonus.
I wonder if users banding together in support of a fix would “move” the company? It would be VERY selfish of them to just refuse to allow the product to be fixed.
I don't know WHAT they might or might not do. I really don't want to get into speculation. Anyway, if anyone wants to discuss FaderPort, it's time to make a new topic.

rpmusic

Post by rpmusic »

Well, I sold my Alphatrack when I moved to DP8 (wasn't supported) and then purchased a new FaderPort. but then I transitioned to DP8 64bit and then THAT didn't work. So I went on a campaign to get Presonus to come up with a new driver, to no avail.

SOoooo now, I found a new AlphaTrack on Craigslist in L.A., purchased and just downloaded the new driver....holy cow! What a circus this has been!!

So, incredibly glad that we finally have a "fader" again!
Rob Pottorf Music, Inc.
rp@rpmusic.com
http://www.rpmusic.com
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Julia123 »

Julia123, I see you too use OS 10.6.8, so how's this working for you?
Sorry, I was referring to transport, I thought it was a new product.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
buddyofgoourasana

Post by buddyofgoourasana »

Great News!!! Can't wait to get it and get my Alphatrack working again!!! :dance:
buddyofgoourasana

Post by buddyofgoourasana »

Julia123, I see you too use OS 10.6.8, so how's this working for you?

Anyone else, works ok?
Got it! Very happy :) 8)
BTW, dbender, Working great w/ 10.6.8 64 bit so far!
dbender

Post by dbender »

Thanks, Buddy!
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
williemyers

Post by williemyers »

James Steele wrote:Here it is!!! AlphaTrack is NOW available again for DP8 running in 64-bit mode!!!

http://www.synclavier.com/AlphaTrackPlugin.html

Trazport is coming soon!
James, are any of the Transport buttons on the Alphatrack "customizable"? Specifically, could the "RTZ" & "End" buttons be set up to use DP's "Reverse" and "Forward" functions?
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me
rukidding

Post by rukidding »

So I bought AlphaTrackDPUB.bundle but by default it opens in the terminal which I've never seen before. What ap do I need to open it with? Thanks, G
2019 Mac Pro -10.15.7 - DP 11.21 -VEP7
NazRat

Post by NazRat »

rukidding wrote:So I bought AlphaTrackDPUB.bundle but by default it opens in the terminal which I've never seen before. What ap do I need to open it with? Thanks, G
You put that file in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MOTU Control Surface. Then in Setup it will show up as a Control Surface. You don't directly open it with anything. You also need to have the AlphaTrack drivers installed from Frontier Design.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1