BIG NEWS! 64-bit Alpha Track CS Plug-In Available NOW!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rukidding
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: BIG NEWS! 64-bit Alpha Track CS Plug-In Available NOW!

Post by rukidding »

Thanks so much. I owe you a beer
2019 Mac Pro -10.15.7 - DP 11.21 -VEP7
chadd

Post by chadd »

I'm finally updating from DP7 to DP8 and finding out what doesn't work in 64-bit mode. Thanks to this thread, I've purchased the control surface bundle from Synclavier and can still use my Alphatrack. A big thanks to everyone who was involved in making this happen!
2022 Mac Studio, 32GB RAM, OS 12.6, DP 11.2, Metric Halo LIO-8/4p, micro lite, EWQLSO Gold, Waves Gold, Komplete 6, Stylus RMX, Slate VCC & VTM
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

chadd wrote:I'm finally updating from DP7 to DP8 and finding out what doesn't work in 64-bit mode. Thanks to this thread, I've purchased the control surface bundle from Synclavier and can still use my Alphatrack. A big thanks to everyone who was involved in making this happen!
It was a happy day indeed! Can't imagine not having my AlphaTrack! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

James Steele wrote:TranzPort lives again in 64-bit DP8!

http://www.synclavier.com/TranzPortPlugin.html
This is great my drummer loved this thing I'll have to get it out and blow the dust of it.
I hope the batteries haven't leaked.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

wylie1 wrote:
James Steele wrote:TranzPort lives again in 64-bit DP8!

http://www.synclavier.com/TranzPortPlugin.html
This is great my drummer loved this thing I'll have to get it out and blow the dust of it.
I hope the batteries haven't leaked.
Yeah. This reminds me a little of the situation there used to be with the old serial MTP MIDI interfaces. For a while it was not commonly known you could daisy chain one off a USB MTP and use it with modern Macs, so you could pick them up very cheaply. For a while I was seeing TranzPorts going for cheap for similar reasons. I think some people had given up on them. The new DP controller bundle has really given these a new lease on life. I love my AlphaTrack. I even recently got one that was virtually unused NOS! I'm using that now and my original one is being retained for backup. Also glad I got the upgraded knobs for it when they were offered.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!