Want 64 Bit Alphatrack Drivers for DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dbender
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Want 64 Bit Alphatrack Drivers for DP?

Post by dbender »

Thank you, James
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
frankf

Post by frankf »

I am amazed at how this was put together and implemented. I'd love to see more of this, and if we all purchase instead of share the bundle as James has said, it will be the icing on the cake and model for the future - Incentive for programmers to get involved knowing that they will be rewarded for their efforts. Thanks Cody and James!

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

frankf wrote:I am amazed at how this was put together and implemented. I'd love to see more of this, and if we all purchase instead of share the bundle as James has said, it will be the icing on the cake and model for the future - Incentive for programmers to get involved knowing that they will be rewarded for their efforts. Thanks Cody and James!

Frank Ferrucci
Cameron, the programmer, said he will release a new 64-bit clean bundle for Tranzport in a day or two. And yes, $50 isn't chicken feed, but he's taking a risk because it isn't something he's going to sell lots of. And agreed... if he can make a little bit of money on this, we can keep good pieces of gear like AlphaTrack, Tranzport, etc. working for us. I can't tell you how happy I am that I will still be able to use my Alpha Track in 64-bit mode.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
primeevolutionary

Post by primeevolutionary »

I can not believe this. It's incredible. I've been thinking about this ever since we went 64bit and can't believe in my regular checks for any pulse on Alphatrack that I missed this thread. I am so excited about this and I'm buying it right now. Thank you, Cody, James and everybody for encouraging this to happen.
Macmini9,1 (M1, 2020) 16 GB RAM
MacBookPro15,1 2.6 GHz 6-Core (Intel, 2018) 16 GB RAM
OS X 14.3.1
DP11.3
2 896 mk3 192 kHz Hybrid FW • USB2
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

This is the first day it's available so you're on the ground floor. It's so cool to know my AlphaTrack is still viable! :)

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
primeevolutionary

I installed it right after I posted yesterday. It's working perfectly. Anyone reading this that has a line on an unopened Alphatrack or even a used one should jump on it immediately if DP is your main DAW. It's integration with DP can not be beat.
OS X 14.3.1
DP11.3
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB
mircut
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mircut »

I cannot thank all of you who made this happen enough. The alphatrack fulfills a critical function in my workflow that I could not find a replacement for. It's a great piece of gear, and truly unique in what it does.

Thanks to the programmer to designed the new bundle for DP8, and thanks to all of you who made this happen! YAY!!! I just bought it. Cannot wait to install and get back to work.

mircut
primeevolutionary

I spoke too soon on one area. It is working perfectly as far as controlling the parameters correctly, but, it's not displaying correctly. Specifically, the bottom right corner value display section is not changing from 127 or <64 on the Alphatrack's display even though it is changing the actual parameters. This seems to happen on Pan, Send and Plug-In.

It's a drag, but, I am thankful to be working in 64 bit and using my Alphatrack.
OS X 14.3.1
DP11.3
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB
primeevolutionary

Okay, somewhat of a work around:

Example: If you're editing the trim of a plugin using Alphatrack's PLUG-IN button. Val starts at 127 and stays there regardless of what your real value is. If you go to another controller (Ex: PAN) move it back and forth so that it's is in the same spot it was (Ex: Center position), then, go back to PLUG-IN. Your true value will be shown. It will be stuck again as you adjust, but, you can see the real value again by adjusting another controller value.

Edit: Obviously, I'm experimenting. All you need to do is click another button slowly (as if you're in slow motion) and then return to the button you're working with and the value will revise itself.
OS X 14.3.1
DP11.3
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB
dewdman42

Post by dewdman42 »

Does this work correctly with the previous version of the controller bundle in DP8 32bit mode?
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

primeevolutionary wrote:Okay, somewhat of a work around:

Example: If you're editing the trim of a plugin using Alphatrack's PLUG-IN button. Val starts at 127 and stays there regardless of what your real value is. If you go to another controller (Ex: PAN) move it back and forth so that it's is in the same spot it was (Ex: Center position), then, go back to PLUG-IN. Your true value will be shown. It will be stuck again as you adjust, but, you can see the real value again by adjusting another controller value.

Edit: Obviously, I'm experimenting. All you need to do is click another button slowly (as if you're in slow motion) and then return to the button you're working with and the value will revise itself.
I recall this bug may have been present with the original bundle in 32-bit. It may not be new. Maybe he can find a fix for it.

primeevolutionary

I've been using this in 32 bit up until July 10 and was not having the same issue. I have not yet found a way to change the Pan display to read the actual setting in DP. Again, though, this is just a display issue in Alphatrack and not a performance issue. The new driver is performing in DP correctly.
OS X 14.3.1
DP11.3
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

I received my alphatrack in the mail today and got it up and running. It works great!

Question to those who use it.. Is there a way to set the fader to control MIDI automation, such as cc11 expression?
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
fgagne

Post by fgagne »

Anyone know if the Frontier Alphatrack can control a Metric Halo MIO 2882?

Thanks!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It is more a question whether Metric Halo can be controlled by any of the modes proposed by Alpha Track
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl