Gobbler and DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Gobbler and DP

Post by labman »

Have to say. In our rooms and outlying buildings here, we are extremely pleased at how we integrating Gobbler with DP8. https://www.gobbler.com

It has solved a big age old problem for us. We are using it to shuffle all our work between staff and between clients and thus far it has worked seamlessly. Notes on the files sent and rec'd can also be applied easily. And it is fast !!!They have developed some way to do much faster that ftp speed up and down transfers and it automatically lets you know when files are up, and when and by whom they have been downloaded. Encryption scheme seems really tight.

One other cool feature is you can turn on 'scan' on individual drives, and then when you arent working in DP, it'll back up to your personal GB area of Gobbler space. (yes it knows when DP isnt active) I dont know that we will use that the auto backup all that much as we have 3 backup sets including one that is vaulted and protected in media safes on and off site. BUt for those folks wishing offline storage it seems a nice added bonus.

The only so far that we might need to see tweaked better is the up/down speeds of video files. As I understand it, they have thus far been tweaking everything for the audio community and will expand further into video.

So far, I would have to guess that Gobbler is saving us at least a few hours of work and headaches from managing our transfers a week, and that makes it well worth the small fees.

They do have some cool videos on their site that explain most of the stuff pretty well.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
labman

Re: Gobbler and DP

Post by labman »

Gobbler working even better here now in our daily usage. That means no more pen drives, CD's, dropbox etc for us with our clients and session player folks. And the folks at Gobbler gave us some free space to give to any DP users that might wish to try it. Just pm me if you wish. Seems like they really want to make it integrate pretty seriously.

Anyone else using it ?
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bdr »

Thanks for posting your thoughts. I looked at it in the past but the name turned me off...pretty stupid but there you go. I guess if I can handle chunks then gobbler is OK. Maybe I'll check it out again.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
dwood3455

Post by dwood3455 »

Using it here to backup studio sessions and every live event I track at my venue. Any thoughts on how it could be integrated into future versions of DP?
Various analog front end gear-> Apogee Rosetta 800->Quadcore 2.2 GHz MBP/OSX 10.13.6->Rosetta->HR824's, Apogee Duet,Various FW HD's,
Yamaha CL5> Dante Virtual Soundcard> Mac mini, DP 10.01
jeepbird

Post by jeepbird »

Thank you for the recommendation. I just joined HighTail (formerly YouSendIt) yesterday before I saw this. I think I should also try Gobbler if that's better for co-working on a project.
MacOS 10.14.6 / DP10.11 & DP9.52 + VEP Pro/ Macbook Pro 2018/ Benchmark DAC1 USB / RME FireFace UCX / Adam A7 / XV-3080
dwood3455

Post by dwood3455 »

*UPDATE*

Gobbler now officially supports and recognizes DP projects. The backup functionality was always there, but now it is easier to organize and sort all of your various media files.
Various analog front end gear-> Apogee Rosetta 800->Quadcore 2.2 GHz MBP/OSX 10.13.6->Rosetta->HR824's, Apogee Duet,Various FW HD's,
Yamaha CL5> Dante Virtual Soundcard> Mac mini, DP 10.01
labman

Post by labman »

gobbler is still loved here. Wouldn't want to be without it.