A new Delay by eaReckon

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: A new Delay by eaReckon

Post by kgdrum »

I guess I'm using with bridge,don't remember.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Shooshie wrote:If you're interested in delays, some of the best are made by PSP, a Polish company. Here is a link to one of their best delays, which never ceases to amaze me. The effects this thing can create make the name "delay" seem terribly inadequate. Kind of like calling a fine Mercedes automobile a "piston."

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/del ... ultidelay/

In fact, their whole product line is worth a look:
http://www.pspaudioware.com

Shooshie
Hey Shoosh, I'm testing that one out now, along with this eaReckon delay..

I guess I'm a peasant, but I really need a simple delay that sounds great. Some of the ones I've tried are just too complicated. I worked today with 608, with some rhythmic staccato strings, just wanted a simple 1/8 note ping pong.. after an hour, I was still trying to get it under control. I mean, I don't want to sound lazy, but one should never have to spend an hour on a single digital delay setting for one instrument. Had better luck with eaRebound, so maybe it will work. I've tried the other PSP delays, the 42 (which actually does sound and react somewhat like the Lex hardware), PSP 84/85.. which are capable of insane sounds, but but a chore to make practical, bread-and-butter delays on. Like Stephen, I don't like DP's delay.. although I have been able to use DP Echo with good results on some things.

I suppose the best all-rounder plugin delay I ever demoed/heard was Echoboy, but I'm suspecting that the x64 version of that probably won't be available to me for months, after I finish the current album project, so I need something now. Can't use JBridge unfortunately, it breaks my Duende plugs.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

i really like the plug and mix delay, but i can't seem to get that outputing in stereo in dp 8.01, all their other plugs output in stereo fine however.
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

To refocus with a photo illustrating this EARebound plug-in where you can see a mini-menu giving access to patches for modulation (tremolo / chorus) and the ability to copy / paste settings between pads.

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Waves H Delay is my go to easy to use delay.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Happy for you !
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

thanx, i just upgraded to mercury and didn't even know i had this....
Last edited by dave pine on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

Oooh what a fun thread! Love delays too!!!

Here's another really tasty one, oozes attitude. Like the EAReckon it's also from France! Quite complex, too, if you want it to be:

For demo etc see here:
http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/Le-Masque-%3A-Delay.html All the XILS Lab products are killer...
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

Another great one is AudioDamage Dubstation:
http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/prod ... ?pid=AD006

And also Ricochet:
http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/prod ... ?pid=AD018

I mostly use EchoBoy, it just sounds incredible and is very easy to use (I find)
http://www.soundtoys.com/product/EchoBoy

A one-trick pony that does a really neat trick is Softube's Tube Delay:
http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=td

Ah what fun. Gotta try the EAReckon!!!! :D :D :D
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

le masque is just 32 bit
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

kubi, you might really like this also, tho it's also 32 bit

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/adrenali ... ug-in.html
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

You have forget these _ :lol:

corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

I don't know if this detail alerted you but EAREbound Delay Plug-in has separate outputs . Once it's activated in multi-channel and LFE (bass) independent as shown in the following images, we find the possibility of having to input source for our Audio Tracks of these separate EARebound outputs .

This is very interesting because it's possible to deal with the delay that prevent certain frequencies and low become "muddy" after passing through a Delay .
We usually separate outputs for our Virtual instruments but applied to Plug-ins can truly sculpt the sound . :wink:
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Killahurts wrote:
Shooshie wrote:If you're interested in delays, some of the best are made by PSP, a Polish company. Here is a link to one of their best delays, which never ceases to amaze me. The effects this thing can create make the name "delay" seem terribly inadequate. Kind of like calling a fine Mercedes automobile a "piston."

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/del ... ultidelay/

In fact, their whole product line is worth a look:
http://www.pspaudioware.com

Shooshie
Hey Shoosh, I'm testing that one out now, along with this eaReckon delay..

I guess I'm a peasant, but I really need a simple delay that sounds great. Some of the ones I've tried are just too complicated. I worked today with 608, with some rhythmic staccato strings, just wanted a simple 1/8 note ping pong.. after an hour, I was still trying to get it under control. I mean, I don't want to sound lazy, but one should never have to spend an hour on a single digital delay setting for one instrument. Had better luck with eaRebound, so maybe it will work. I've tried the other PSP delays, the 42 (which actually does sound and react somewhat like the Lex hardware), PSP 84/85.. which are capable of insane sounds, but but a chore to make practical, bread-and-butter delays on. Like Stephen, I don't like DP's delay.. although I have been able to use DP Echo with good results on some things.

I suppose the best all-rounder plugin delay I ever demoed/heard was Echoboy, but I'm suspecting that the x64 version of that probably won't be available to me for months, after I finish the current album project, so I need something now. Can't use JBridge unfortunately, it breaks my Duende plugs.

There's something out there for everyone. If I was trying for a single ping, I'd just shut down the other 7 "delay strips" and use only the first one. That would be pretty easy, it seems. Of course, PSP makes other delays that are more suited for less complicated effects, but the 608 handles it just fine. It's only a matter of using what you need, and turning off the rest.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Julia123 »

I just purchased the eaReckon Delay and love it. It is easy to work with and get exactly what you want. The presets are nice, all the way from very basic to completely unique patterns. It also can do a bunch of cool things I haven't gotten to explore yet but I look forward to getting sidetracked with these when I get some time. Also, the customer service is awesome as well since I had a few questions while trying the demo's as well as downloading and they were all dealt with immediately.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.