A new Delay by eaReckon

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

A new Delay by eaReckon

Post by corbo-billy »

This is brand new, it just came out and I found the trailer very successful . EARebound, it's his name !

16 Delays present can range as with the pads of a drum machine, it's great and very flexible.
Ability to copy and paste settings between them . I let you discover the rest _ 8)

Last edited by corbo-billy on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
corbo-billy

Re: A new Delay by eaReckon

Post by corbo-billy »

A new version 1.0.1. for this EAReboud _

Fixed bugs and Improvements:

_ Improved automation capabilities: Automation of some controls was not
working as expected in Digital Performer 8 and Logic 9 .
Only the AU version seemed to be affected by this issue .
_ Overall improvement of automation in ‘Latch’ and ‘Touch’ modes .
_ Fixed possible error when bypassing EARebound in WaveLab 7 .

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

is this 64bit? looks interesting - can never have enough cool delays!!

SWT
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

stephentayler wrote:is this 64bit?
Affirmative !
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

stephentayler wrote:is this 64bit? looks interesting - can never have enough cool delays!!

SWT
Hey Stephen, long as we're on the subject, what are your favorite delay plugins?

Believe it or not, my last hardware holdouts have been delays.. But while recording the last album, I had 3 hardware delays die or have problems, including my beloved Lexicon Primetime 2 model 95 (needs to be recapped, I think). So now I'm on the serious quest for the best plugin delay. Has to be 64 bit, so that leaves out several. I was interested in Soundtoys Echoboy, but they are not ready for primetime over there..
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Well to test, try this EARebound . 8)
Ergonomics borrowed drum-machine is amazing.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I'm a sucker for delays, hardware and software.

FWIW, I have (and love, in preference order) the following delay(ish) plugs that, at least as far as I can remember anyway, all work in DP 8 64 bit on my machine:

- Artificial Audio's Obelisk and Quartz (not really delays, but really cool)
-U-he's MFM (More Feedback Machine)
- Rob Papen's new delay plug (just got it, already had one long fun night with just a few presets, too early and not enough use to fully judge though)
- PSP's Lexicon emulator
- Eventide's Blackhole
- FXpansion Bloom (just got it, seems worth the early bird price, for me at least)

Also, don't discount the groovy things you can do with Absynth when used as an effect, there is a lot of scope there too.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

If you're interested in delays, some of the best are made by PSP, a Polish company. Here is a link to one of their best delays, which never ceases to amaze me. The effects this thing can create make the name "delay" seem terribly inadequate. Kind of like calling a fine Mercedes automobile a "piston."

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/del ... ultidelay/

In fact, their whole product line is worth a look:
http://www.pspaudioware.com

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

Killahurts wrote:
stephentayler wrote:is this 64bit? looks interesting - can never have enough cool delays!!

SWT
Hey Stephen, long as we're on the subject, what are your favorite delay plugins?
Before plugins my favourite outboard delays were usually AMS, Eventide, Bel, and of course not forgetting tape.

My overwhelming overall favourite has to be EchoBoy - SoundToys plugs were developed by the team that originally worked for Eventide, some of the best and most creative effects ever. I also use Nomad Factory Echoes, which has a different flavour, and I recently used Waves H Delay on a studio PT system, which works well.

The truth is that I need all kinds of delays - I usually have 3 dedicated delay channels just for a lead vocal - short stereo, medium mono and long stereo, and these are used dynamically when I mix. I also sometimes create duplicate tracks of a vocal or instrument, add delays 100% wet and just select and cut and fade the audio to make delays appear when I want them. I often want to EQ before and after delays. I miss that I can't easily send a delay back into itself from the mixer - I know all delays have internal feedback - but it is not the same. My favourite plugin delays have good controls for filtering and modulation.

But what I miss in DP is a simple easy-to-use delay - I don't like and rarely use the Delay plugin - too clunky and complicated , and the Echo plugin is too basic. It would be nice to have something as simple as the basic ProTools delays, which I use a lot when I mix in PT.

I will no doubt get this new plugin - looks like fun!

Cheers

SWT
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

BKK-OZ wrote:I'm a sucker for delays, hardware and software.

- Rob Papen's new delay plug (just got it, already had one long fun night with just a few presets, too early and not enough use to fully judge though)
Hi BKK,
I got from Rob Papen the RP Delay in 8/2011 are you saying there's a newer Papen Delay?
Or are you talking about that one?

Thanks,
KG
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Well 1 delay,no one has mentioned thats 64bit & on the crazy side for those times that your in the mood for some dirty grimy delay explorations would be OhmForce OhmBoyz. ;-)
I love OhmForce,not for the faint of heart! lol
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

For short stereo-spread delay I like UA's Cooper Time Cube (grungier) or Schwa CMX (cleaner and also has pitch shift).
For analog style delay, Soundtoys Echoboy or UA's EL-34 (Echoplex).
Also Blue Tubes' Oilcan echo or Tempo delay.
For weird quirky/spacy/filtered delay based stuff, PSP84 or PSP85 (mostly PSP84).

I'll check out the EaReckon delay, looks interesting but I'm short on cash right now.

The best sounding and most fun delay I've ever used was a Modcan module (modular synth delay).
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

kgdrum wrote:Hi BKK,
I got from Rob Papen the RP Delay in 8/2011 are you saying there's a newer Papen Delay?
Or are you talking about that one?

Thanks,
KG
I'm not sure when it came out, I bought it late last year, so 'new' to me then at least. I finally got around to playing with it properly about a month ago, hence me thinking it was maybe more recent than it was.

Go here: http://www.robpapen.com/rp-delay.html
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Yeah it's the same,RP-Delay,when you said new I went what?!
Thanks ;-)
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

the rp delay isn't 64 bit thu.....
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump