Faderport compatibility with DP8 update from Presonus

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
vigormusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Faderport compatibility with DP8 update from Presonus

Post by vigormusic »

Hey Rob, did you a concrete answer about using the faderport with DP8 64? I'm looking into buying a faderport and everything here seems to make me sway away from it. Thanks!
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro(Late 2008), 8GB RAM, Mavericks, Presonus Firepod, DP 8.05, EWQLSO, SSD4.
rpmusic

Post by rpmusic »

Hey Kevin,

I finally gave up on Presonus and bought another AlphaTrack (after I sold my first one) because and independent software developer created a driver for it.

I always liked the AlphaTrack over the FaderPort so I'm glad that I found another one (brand new) and have never looked back. :D

r
Rob Pottorf Music, Inc.
rp@rpmusic.com
http://www.rpmusic.com
vigormusic

Post by vigormusic »

That's great, I'm glad it all worked out for you.

I think I'll just wait and see if someone else will make a product like this.

Thanks!
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro(Late 2008), 8GB RAM, Mavericks, Presonus Firepod, DP 8.05, EWQLSO, SSD4.
alansende

Post by alansende »

Just found this on a recent post from Presonus some days ago:

https://www.facebook.com/PreSonus/posts ... 7761042634

It seems they are waking from their long nap! Lets stay tuned...
www.cromomusica.com - DP 11 - Macbook Pro M2 Max 96GB Ram 2TB - Focal Trio 6BE - Avalon 747 - Universal Audio - Audient ASP800 - TC Clarity M - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 MKII - Kemper Profiler - Fender Rhodes MKI 1977 - Moog Slim Phatty - Moog Subsequent 37 - Prophet Rev 2 - DSI Mono Evolver - Fender Am Std Tele - Fender Am Pro Strat - D'Angelico Deluxe Bedford P90 - Ibanez JSM10 - Fender P Bass - Fender Mustang Vintera - Beaudoux PA1 - Taylor GS Mini - Zaor, Mixingtable & Raventos Design
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

alansende wrote:Just found this on a recent post from Presonus some days ago:

https://www.facebook.com/PreSonus/posts ... 7761042634

It seems they are waking from their long nap! Lets stay tuned...
Cool! I sold mine and got the alpha track, which works great. But, I always liked the design of the faderport better. If they could make the slider work with MIDI automation, it would be an instant buy.
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
Centris

Post by Centris »

Has there been any updates on Presonus getting the Faderport a new driver for DP8?

Also, I've seen a few folks here have it working somewhat with DP8. It looks like their using HUI. If anyone that has it working somewhat, has any tricks to share I would appreciate hearing the steps to get it working. Thanks :D
saxmonster

Post by saxmonster »

Where can I get an alpha track at? They are no where, errrrr. Does the alpha respond to MIDI and the faderport not? Seems like the alpha is better then the faderport for that reason alone. Just wish they still made it.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

saxmonster wrote:Where can I get an alpha track at? They are no where, errrrr. Does the alpha respond to MIDI and the faderport not? Seems like the alpha is better then the faderport for that reason alone. Just wish they still made it.
Maybe eBay because the AplhaTrack has been long dead - probably even before DP8 dropped.
jduber
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jduber »

I have barely-used AlphaTrack that I'd be willing to part with. Send me a PM if interested.

Best,
Jim
MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB RAM, OS Big Sur 11.7.10, Logic Pro 10.7.4, Performer Lite 11.21, Motu UltraLite MK 5, Motu Traveler Mk 1
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

I just started chasing this with Presonus through their support and got this reply back from a tech support lead:

"We have been in contact with the people at Motu. makers of DP, many months ago and they were less than responsive per our request for necessary information that would allow us to enable the Faderport to operate with the latest versions of their software.
*this is why it is not currently supported.

This is very unfortunate, but I did not want you to wait around any further for an answer. Even if we got the necessary data today, it would take a bit of time to incorporate and implement the changes needed to make it work."

So it's not going to be happening at all it looks like.