List of Plug-Ins/VI's that are still 32-bit only

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: List of Plug-Ins/VI's that are still 32-bit only

Post by David Polich »

BKK-OZ wrote:I miss Stillwell's Rocket.
All of Stillwell's plugs (and a slew of others) can be "64-bit-ized" with Soundradix's 32 Lives application:

http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

David Polich wrote:
All of Stillwell's plugs (and a slew of others) can be "64-bit-ized" with Soundradix's 32 Lives application:

I know, but I have found the whole wrapper thing just a tad unstable. That is partly my own fault, no doubt, for not making sure which plugs are supported and which are not. The wrapper thing just seems too much hassle lately, especially considering there are only a couple of plugs that I need/want that aren't yet 64 bits. With jBridge, I lost all my Rocket presets, I honestly don't know if that is the case with 32 lives or not, I haven't checked. I just wish Scott & co would release the 64 bit versions of their plugs and be done with it. I even suggested to them that I would be very happy for the 64 bit versions to be a paid upgrade, I understand that this costs them time and money, and I don't begrudge paying something extra for going to 64bits.

Regarding another plug I have been missing lately, just got this email today, I have been sending an email to Flux every few months for awhile now, asking when HEar will be 64 bits, last question was 'HEar 64 bits soon?' Their reply:
VERY... soon.. (maybe today...)

Cheers!

Best regards,
Flux:: Support Crew
I checked their site, maybe it's not yet 'today' in France.
:lol:
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Julia123 »

So being new back at this, still on my first computer, all VI's/plugs installed within the last two years (except a free Kore somehow disappeared) --- I have just seen my future :shock: I am now forewarned. Good luck, it seems so overwhelming.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

BKK-OZ wrote:
David Polich wrote:

I know, but I have found the whole wrapper thing just a tad unstable. That is partly my own fault, no doubt, for not making sure which plugs are supported and which are not. The wrapper thing just seems too much hassle lately, especially considering there are only a couple of plugs that I need/want that aren't yet 64 bits. With jBridge, I lost all my Rocket presets, I honestly don't know if that is the case with 32 lives or not, I haven't checked. I just wish Scott & co would release the 64 bit versions of their plugs and be done with it. I even suggested to them that I would be very happy for the 64 bit versions to be a paid upgrade, I understand that this costs them time and money, and I don't begrudge paying something extra for going to 64bits.
Well, all I can say is, I have had nothing but stellar results with 32 Lives. The official v 1.0 was released within the last 24 hours. You just
launch it, choose which AU's to "resurrect", click OK, you're done. It's
nowhere near as failure-prone as fxPansion's VST-AU adapter or Audio Ease's
now-gone wrapper.

I'm using 64-bit versions of Stillwell's plugs now, thanks to 32 Lives. You
can save presets within DP, just like any plug-in. There's no "added latency due to wrapping" which some boneheads at Gearslutz and KVR have claimed. Works flawlessly (as long as you're on Mountain Lion). The first time I launched the 64-bit-ized version of The Rocket, I opened up my user preset list for the Rocket and all of my old presets (saved from the 32-bit version, in DP 7.24) were there.

Soundradix even lists Digital Performer as one of the DAW's 32 Lives works with, on their webpage. How many devs do that?

Anyway, if you don't feel you can justify spending the money on 32 Lives,
that's cool. Just wanted to let you know that I have experienced ZERO problems with it.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I bought 32 Lives as well as J Bridge - I think it was via J Bridge that I didn't see my old presets, I will give it a go through 32 Lives and see how I go.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Flux have just updated a bunch of plugs to 64bits, including my much longed-for HEar (binaural mixing/processing plug). Hooray for them!

Flux news here.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

So what's the story with Rocket compressor? Anyone actually got it working correctly with 32 Lives? On my system it appears to be working (meters move, etc.) but will not pass audio. I checked the date on it and the creation date is March 17, 2010 with no version number listed. I checked the Stillwell site and couldn't find any updates area, so I don't even know if I've got the latest version. Probably not. :banghead:

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I think I forgot to mention that NUSofting are gradually getting their stuff 64-bit compatible, with a user fee entailed. I didn't mind; I love daHornet so paid the fee, as well as for EMM Knagalis because it's kind of fun for its sitar drone effect which is physically modeled.

Waldorf still hasn't ported the upgraded version of PPG Wave, or a couple of other of their plugs. No news at their site. Like many vendors, they're all wrapped up in attack the iOS market, where the money is at the moment. Blame Moog for being the first (or was Korg?) and setting the trend in motion?

Way Out Ware seems to be Missing in Action. There are major problems with the beta of TimeWARP 2600 in terms of dangerous volume bursts, so I backed out to the previous version a while back. I can't remember now whether I have a working 64-bit version of TimeWARP 2600 or not, but KikAxxe seems to have fallen by the wayside, so I went ahead last year and added the Arturia ARP 2600 emulation to my palette.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Phil O wrote:...So what's the story with Rocket compressor?...
Phil
mhschmieder wrote:...NUSofting are gradually getting their stuff 64-bit compatible, with a user fee entailed. I didn't mind; I love daHornet so paid the fee...
I emailed Scott from Stillwell ages ago and offered to pay for a 64 bit version of the Rocket - I would happily pay, and I am sure others would too. Maybe if a few more of us told him we would pay, it might inspire some more effort.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

IK Multimedia have announced that they will be showing the new 64-bit versions of the SampleTank line at NAMM, but that they haven't yet decided on the upgrade price.

The list of 32-bit plugs is getting shorter...
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

AAS String Studio is being updated now and is available for special sale w/ a freebie add-on. I think this is their third or fourth 64-bit product now.

Of course we already heard about IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.

Stillwell just made his announcement today as well.

I don't have my current list at hand, but may type it in later tonight, as it is quite short by now.

Even Waldorf promises to have everything 64-bit soon.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mhschmieder wrote:Stillwell just made his announcement today as well.
I'll tell you what's odd is that Rocket v. 2 was 64-bit and it was from 2010! I went ahead and updated to v. 3 but it really surprised me.

FWIW, DP 8.06 seems to run so much better for me in 64-bit, I just can't bring myself to launch it in 32-bit mode anymore. I'd rather use 32 Lives or even give up the odd plug or two that 32 Lives can't bridge.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!