DP8 authorisation on multiple computers?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 authorisation on multiple computers?

Post by mikehalloran »

One more time with feeling!

From the DP8 ReadMe file:

"Can I activate DP on more than one computer at a time?

"When you first install Digital Performer and click the "I agree" installer option, you agree to abide by the Digital Performer End User License Agreement, which allows you to use DP on one computer at a time. As a courtesy, Digital Performer can be activated on two computers at a time (Mac or PC), so that you don't have to re-activate every time you switch between them (a desktop machine and laptop, for example).

So why is this still an issue?

OK, that's a rhetorical question only. I am not at all interested in the answer.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
HobbyCore
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP8 authorisation on multiple computers?

Post by HobbyCore »

It was an issue because the authorization system was not allowing me to activate 2 computers as it says I should be able to.

I resolved the issue though and updated the thread with my success, in case someone else comes across the same problem.