DP8 and Melodyne

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dave pine
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 and Melodyne

Post by dave pine »

maybe you guys have pre rendering on and that's screwing it up, did you try putting dp in realtime fx mode?
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

well, i couldn't get it working with version 1, so i upgraded to 2 and still no go
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

nevermind, i got it, i was thinking any plugs after melodyne made it not work, which isn't the case, you actually have to put an instance of meq before melodyne in the inserts just to make it work, it's still a bug, but it's a workaround.... thanx guys
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Just FYI, I saw the Celemony guys at NAMM and mentioned this problem
and the workaround. They were not aware of the problem (or the workaround)
but now they are...and hopefully they'll remember it.

Someone may want to email their tech support with a detailed description
of this problem and the fix, so they can post it on their website as a
known issue.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

they have a cocky attatude, this is my email to them....

as i said in the original email, yes i did everything that that says, it didn't work, that being said, i've found a work around the obvious bug, if i insert an instance of meq, or probably any other plug before melodyne, i can monitor in melodyne fine, with no input monitoring mode or melodyne on input selected.... this is obviously a bug, get off your high horse, face it and fix it.

Thanx Dave Pine
Pinetrax Recording
www.pinetrax.com

On Feb 3, 2013, at 1:41 PM, "Celemony support / Ulf Kaiser" <support@celemony.com> wrote:

Hello Dave,

thanks for your mail. Please see the DP section here:
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=host_comp

With best wishes,
Ulf Kaiser

Am 03.02.2013 um 18:41 schrieb dave pine <pinetrax@comcast.net>:

i just upgraded to 2 because i wasn't getting audio from melodyne when i clicked on blobs or the timeline, i've tried input monitoring, selecting melodyne as input, even melodyne in stereo, still nothing

thanx dave pine

Ulf Kaiser
Celemony support

find more info and tips in our helpcenter:
www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=helpcenter
our FAQs:
www.celemony.com/id/faq
or visit our user forum:
www.celemony.com/id/forum
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

dave pine wrote:they have a cocky attatude, this is my email to them....

as i said in the original email, yes i did everything that that says, it didn't work, that being said, i've found a work around the obvious bug, if i insert an instance of meq, or probably any other plug before melodyne, i can monitor in melodyne fine, with no input monitoring mode or melodyne on input selected.... this is obviously a bug, get off your high horse, face it and fix it.

Thanx Dave Pine
Pinetrax Recording
http://www.pinetrax.com

On Feb 3, 2013, at 1:41 PM, "Celemony support / Ulf Kaiser" <support@celemony.com> wrote:

Hello Dave,

With best wishes,
Ulf Kaiser

Am 03.02.2013 um 18:41 schrieb dave pine <pinetrax@comcast.net>:

i just upgraded to 2 because i wasn't getting audio from melodyne when i clicked on blobs or the timeline, i've tried input monitoring, selecting melodyne as input, even melodyne in stereo, still nothing

thanx dave pine

Ulf Kaiser
Celemony support

find more info and tips in our helpcenter:
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=helpcenter
our FAQs:
http://www.celemony.com/id/faq
or visit our user forum:
http://www.celemony.com/id/forum
Dave - I understand your frustration but honestly, a reply like yours
to Celemony tech support isn't going to encourage them to address the problem. I'm not excusing them, but I actually believe they don't know
how to fix it, and second, it just isn't on their to-do list and may never be. Note that on their website, they state they have tested Melodyne with
a number of "constellations"...that's gotta tell you something. They're
qualifying Melodyne in outer space!

Thankfully, you found the workaround. I'm glad you did, for all of us
DP users.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

i didn't actualy find the work around, that was zanduian who figured that out
Music4dw
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Music4dw »

dave pine wrote:

Hello Dave,

Looks like they are aware of the problem and one workaround as stated on the link they provided in their response - under the DP section:

[Blob Monitoring, Scrubbing and Local Playback]
To use these powerful Melodyne functions in DP you need to activate Input Monitoring on the respective track. Furthermore the track has to have a physical input assigned.
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

that's not stating there's a problem, nor is it the work around, that did nothing for me
buzzsmith

Re: DP8 and Melodyne YIKES!

Post by buzzsmith »

zandurian wrote:so - against my better judgement I stay up for more tests. I open in my regular 32 bit mode. Stereo track still works. Mono track (the one I actually need to edit) still goes through motions but no sound. So I take the next step - bounce the vocal track to a new stereo track, insert melodyne, transfer first phrase and...... NOTHING. Still wont play from the plug so logic says - "what is different about this track and the one that works?".

After looking it all over I see the ONLY difference is the actual material and the working track has MWeq inserted above Melodyne (by chance). So I'm like, what the hell. I insert an instance of MWeq above the Meloyne plug in my newly created stereo vocal track and - it works :shock:

So - I go back to my original mono vocal track which never worked and insert MWeq above Melodyne and............................................. *drum roll* ........................................................................... it WORKS!

Even if I bypass the MWeq plug (just leave it inserted) it still works, plays, loops, sounds blobs when they are clicked moved etc. right arrow jumps to next and next and next note - sounds each time.

To recap: No input button pushed below record button. No track input selected. Insert a MOTU MWeq plug above Melodyne plug and it works perfect. Even if I press bypass in the MOTU MWeq plug.

I have no idea if inserting any other plugin above Melodyne has the same curing effect (no pun intended) but I'm thinking any motu plug inserted may do it, and yes - I'm curious - but I'm going to damn bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!! :woohoo:

I'm a noobie with Melodyne 4 and was just assuming that the playback within Melodyne was limited to the stand alone. I Googled and this thread popped up.

YEE-HAW!!!

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

zandurian

Re: DP8 and Melodyne YIKES!

Post by zandurian »

buzzsmith wrote: THANK YOU!!! :woohoo:

I'm a noobie with Melodyne 4 and was just assuming that the playback within Melodyne was limited to the stand alone. I Googled and this thread popped up.

YEE-HAW!!!

Buzzy
Glad I could be of some assistance here as I have received SO MUCH assistance here over the years....
----------------------------------
Mac Pro (early 2009 - originally 4,1 - flashed to 5,1) 2 x 3.42 GHz 6-Core Xeon X5690, 64 gigs PC3-10600 RAM, OS 10.13.3, DP9.52, UAD2 duo, UAD2 solo,
Superior drummer 2, Mach 5-3, Ivory, PCIe 424, BL modded 24i/o, MIDI express XT, unisyn, Melodyne 2, Izotope RX2, Addictive Drums, Pianoteq