Avid Artist series and DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Vadimoka
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Avid Artist series and DP

Post by Vadimoka »

try this option.
I installed the new driver from Avid 3_01. installing from a change in the internal firmware - the main thing is not to turn off during the upgrade.
after installing the controller stopped seeing in the program Digital Performer 8.05.
solved the problem - re-installing Digital Performer. It works!
Imac 21* I5 24Gb, Digital Performer 8.07,PT11, Mach Five3.2.1,TonePort UX-8, MOTU Traveler,UAD-2 Octo, Artist Mix
brianbotkiller

Post by brianbotkiller »

You should never turn off your surface during a firmware upgrade. That will brick it.
Vadimoka

Post by Vadimoka »

I did not turn off. and write about it. but after installing the firmware and Artist Mix driver stopped seeing Eucon in DP. DP had to reinstall the program again, and everything worked as it should!
Imac 21* I5 24Gb, Digital Performer 8.07,PT11, Mach Five3.2.1,TonePort UX-8, MOTU Traveler,UAD-2 Octo, Artist Mix
buhardilla

Post by buhardilla »

Vadimoka wrote:DP had to reinstall the program again, and everything worked as it should!
Every time you install a new version of Eucontrol driver the Avid installer delete the Eucon.bundle native version installed by MOTU Digital Perfomer. This Eucon-adapter is placed in Macintosh HD>Librery>Audio>Plug-ins> MOTU Control surface. Do a copy of this folder the first time that you install Digital Performer and keep it so next time that you need to reinstall the Eucon driver you won't need to reinstall DP: just delete the Eucon.bundle adapter installed by Avid and drag the original Motu Eucon.bundle to this folder.
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||