It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:52 am

Text Size

Need used Motu ultralite mk3 hybrid

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."

Need used Motu ultralite mk3 hybrid

Postby blazingrythm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 am

I have been to ebay and can't find a Motu Ultralite mk3 Hybrid used.
They have them new at around $550 but the used ones are not Hybrid (even though they list them as such).
Does anyone here know where I can get a used one at a decent price besides ebay?

Your help on this is greatly appreciated.

Robert
Macbook Pro 10.6.8, 16 GB DDR SDRAM, 828mkII, DP 8.05
Played drums for Capt. Beefheart and the Magic Band, The Stranglers, Hugh Cornwell, George Sarah, John Lydon, Robbie Krieger, Johnny Guitar Watson, Peewee Crayton, Dr. John, Tex & the Horseheads, Parthenon Huxley, The Magic Band, Tomoyatsu Hotei, George Clinton, Bone Symphony, Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods, with two solo albums on A&M Records in 1980 and 1982, & one in 1998 on Tonecasualties Records.
blazingrythm

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Need used Motu ultralite mk3 hybrid

Postby David Polich » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm

I think you're gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new one. Reason:
the Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid is such a good product, I don't see why anyone
would want to get rid of it unless they're in desperate need of cash.

That would include me - I bought mine two years ago and have never regretted it, and see no need for another audio interface for live gigs (which is what
I use it for).
Mac Pro 2010 2.8Ghz Quadcore, 32GB RAM,OSX 10.8.5, MIDI Timepiece AV, Apogee Duet, DP 8.05 64-bit,Waves,Slate FGX and VBC,Nomad Factory,Izotope,UAD-2,Amplitube 3,Spectrasonics,Native Instruments,Pianoteq,Soniccouture,Gospel Musicians, Scuffham,Arturia,Amplesound, Sample Modeling, a ton of VI's running on a PC, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Motif XS6, DSI Prophet 08, DSI Mopho, Roland V-synth,Korg CX-3,Korg M361,Alesis Ion,Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 MIDI Grand.
http://www.davepolich.com
David Polich

Postby wvandyck » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:44 am

Another thought would be to buy new from a source with payment options such as Bill Me Later (6 months to pay off the balance without interest) or PayPal (which now offers BML as an option :D ).

Buying new gives you the benefit of a warranty...
"Every picture tells a story doughnut"
What were the Small Faces really saying?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20203707/Audio/DP/MOTU.pdf

The Evolution of DP: A Loose Timeline
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20203707/Audio/DP/Evolution_Of_DP_2008.pdf
wvandyck

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Postby blazingrythm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Just got outbid on one on eBay. Didn't type fast enough. Sold used for $302.50.
I'll keep checking eBay until I have the $ to afford a new one.
Thanks!
Macbook Pro 10.6.8, 16 GB DDR SDRAM, 828mkII, DP 8.05
Played drums for Capt. Beefheart and the Magic Band, The Stranglers, Hugh Cornwell, George Sarah, John Lydon, Robbie Krieger, Johnny Guitar Watson, Peewee Crayton, Dr. John, Tex & the Horseheads, Parthenon Huxley, The Magic Band, Tomoyatsu Hotei, George Clinton, Bone Symphony, Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods, with two solo albums on A&M Records in 1980 and 1982, & one in 1998 on Tonecasualties Records.
blazingrythm

Return to Digital Performer [MacOS]: Usage, Techniques, Tips & Optimization