Stopping unused tracks showing in Meter Bridge

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Stopping unused tracks showing in Meter Bridge

Post by FMiguelez »

I totally agree this window could use a track selector, or a way to only include used and active tracks.

Since I always have hundreds of tracks and busses, I don't even bother with this window. I had forgotten all about it.

I'll start using it when it makes sense, i.e., the moment we can decide exactly what we want to see and nothing more.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

It needs more than a track selector because it has to cover the main ins and outs and the internal busses.

I have it at the side of my startup template showing the main interface ins and outs. It's useful to see what sort of levels are happening, but as the project progresses, it becomes less useful and more awkward to manage.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Four years and counting... maybe in another couple years MOTU will see this thread and give us a track selector for the Meter Bridge. I'm going to add another request: allow us to drag meters anywhere we want, so that we can group certain meters we want to watch together without having to move the tracks. Maybe give us a preference for it, like that of the Mixing Board, where tracks match the order of the Tracks Window if checked, but allow random reordering if not checked.
And that's got to be separate from the Mixing Board preference. I can see re-ordering the Meter Bridge often, and I wouldn't want the tracks to move when I do that.

This thread started in 2012. MOTU, suppose by 2016 we could have something like this?

Oh... yeah... it IS 2016. Ok... how about 2017? Or, 2016 would be fine, too. Just put it on the to-do list, ok?

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|