It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Text Size

Do you still dedicate the first measure to CC# etc?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."

Re: Do you still dedicate the first measure to CC# etc?

Postby markarnest » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 am

Like Armageddon, I haven't needed blank bars since going 100 percent VI. Since I mostly do orchestral realizations that begin life in a notation program, it's very convenient to have the DP bar numbers match the score - there's a lot of looking back and forth to see what the %^&* I meant. (I hadn't thought of the negative-number pickup bar, but it hasn't been an issue.)

--Mark Arnest
markarnest

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Do you still dedicate the first measure to CC# etc?

Postby labman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:03 am

Kubi - I like what you are describing. So should I assume that you are first finding the score gap points and then calculating tempo to the end of the first cue spot, writing the first theme, then as you said, using the gap to make any needed major tempo changes to put you at the next correct start point? Are you using DPs Find Tempo in small incremental searches then? (As opposed to over say a full 20 minute reel)

Or perhaps you can provide us with a little step by step of your film work protocol?

Thanks for your insights
AMPGUI Gotham, Warmer, & Mellow, 8 macs, 2 MacPros, 16GB &24GB ram,10.8.2, DP8.04, Waves Mercury, all URS, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all Abbey Road, tons of NI VI's LASS and EW PLAY VOP, SD2,RA, QLSO, gypsy, L Lizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, VGP, Philharmonik, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MIDI racks, 7 MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 6 control surfaces.
labman

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Previous

Return to Digital Performer [MacOS]: Usage, Techniques, Tips & Optimization