Advantages of a Mac Pro "with DP"

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Splinter
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Advantages of a Mac Pro "with DP"

Post by Splinter »

Yeah, it's a beauty of a drive. It's a Lacie 4TB Raid with 7200RPM drives that are swappable. I haven't done much with it, but it very fast and gargantuan in size! Have to say, after having an iPad for a year, I actually like using Lion. It's smooth, fast, and intuitive. I don't understand all the fuss about it. Though I'm not ready to make the jump to it for audio, I will more than likely use it for my personal stuff on another partition, or just wait to make the jump when Mountain Lion is out.
MacBook Pro Quad 2.4GHz i7 • 10.12 • 16G RAM • DP 9 • MOTU 896HD Hybrid, Apogee Duet, & MOTU Micro Lite MIDI interface • Waves Platinum, Studio Classics Collection, Abbey Road, etc... • Fabfilter Pro-Q2 • Soundtoys FX • IK Amplitube 3, Ampeg, and TRacks 3 • Altiverb 7 • Slate Digital Everything Bundle • Stylus RMX • Komplete 10 • SampleTank 3 • Arturia V Collection • M-Audio Axiom 49