Set selection to active soundbite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
zaratero
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Set selection to active soundbite

Post by zaratero »

I did not know this existed. I had a messy macro to deal with it. Found it by chance today. I had to assign a command as it did not have one preassigned.

I love the DP "updates" I give myself, as someone said in the board.
:D
http://www.cueaudio.org
Macpro 3.1 Octocore-16Gb RAM-OSX10.8 - DP 7.24
Macbook pro Core2Duo-4Gb RAM-OSX10.6 - DP 7.24
Dwetmaster

Re: Set selection to active soundbite

Post by Dwetmaster »

Double-clicking a soundbite with the "I" tool will bring it to the time selection.
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
zaratero

Post by zaratero »

Dwetmaster wrote:Double-clicking a soundbite with the "I" tool will bring it to the time selection.
:D , Thanks Dwetmaster, not only one but TWO ways to do it in a day.
I guess I stopped looking when I found a workaround. One of my dirtiest macros is gone off the shuttle, one more button for me. If only now I found a way to move the wiper one frame forward and backward without focusing to the video window I would get rid of the most cumbersome one.
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

Here'S a third one:
In the Track Overview, holding the CTL button will force the cursor to make a time selection.

Try it to see what it does. :)
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
martian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by martian »

zaratero wrote:
Dwetmaster wrote:Double-clicking a soundbite with the "I" tool will bring it to the time selection.
I guess I stopped looking when I found a workaround. One of my dirtiest macros is gone off the shuttle, one more button for me. If only now I found a way to move the wiper one frame forward and backward without focusing to the video window I would get rid of the most cumbersome one.
why do you want to move the wiper one frame forward and back? ( i suffer from the same problem - just wondering if u the same as me?)

( notice that doesnt work when video window is set to float? )
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

zaratero wrote:
Not really nice but it works:
You show the counter and using the scroll wheel of your mouse over the frame part of the counterm you can change the value by increment of one. It goes especially well when you a "detented scroll wheel"
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Dwetmaster wrote:Here'S a third one:
In the Track Overview, holding the CTL button will force the cursor to make a time selection.

Try it to see what it does. :)
Very cool man, sometimes I hate trying to goof around to find the area to hold the cursor over to get to time selection, and I end up moving audio accidentally..

Thanks a bunch!! Very cool/.

I think sometimes it wouldn’t e that bad of an idea to just goof around with modifier jey and see what DP does....
There’s always something new to learn
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
zaratero

Post by zaratero »

Lots of nice tips here, willing to get to the studio on Monday to give them a go.

I know I can use the mouse scroll if I am positioned over values, one nice thing about the shuttle is that it gives me a secondary scroll, that I would really appreciate to get locked to frame movement and see the counter in a precise frame, while I can use the mouse scroll to shift a soundbite in time for example, that way I can do a lot of things without using the keyboard in between, :D , lazy ass I know...
Using the counter for frame movement is better than refocusing windows I would say, but The macro automates coming back and forth without loosing the mouse pointer, so I can do things as in the example above if I am careful with pauses and clicks. Just every once in a while I mess up with the right order of clicks and pauses and think to myself: " If only this was a simple command..." (I then go to the suggestions page of MOTU and drop one) I have hopes that DP8 will include that command once they are revisiting the whole video player and I know there are at least a couple of hundred suggestions in that matter :mrgreen: (only joking).
And yes, I noticed it does not work if set to float, which is a minor problem for me in the studio, since there is a dedicated screen, but it has bugged me a few times while doing stuff in the laptop.

Regards.
Aitor
Shampen

Incrementally Move A Soundbite

Post by Shampen »

I'm sorry to say I forgot how to set and incrementally move a soundbite with my arrow keys, :oops: I haven't done it in a while DP 9.12
Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Speed: 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS: El Capitan Version10.11.6
Memory: 48 GB 1333 MHz