Best 2 track audio editor?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Best 2 track audio editor?

Post by Gravity Jim »

I heard that Sound Forge is coming to the Mac. This set of teasers is supposedly the proof.

http://finallyonthemac.com/
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
ghobish

Post by ghobish »

sayatnova wrote:One thing that makes me really annoyed is that due to PEAK not able to display "cocoa coded" plugins (I don't remember exactly what the tech support said), all of my most recent PSP plugs show-up as just a set of numbers and values with no GUI... I was told to down-grade the plugs if I wanted to see the actual PSP interface. Not acceptable. I use PSP plugs quite a bit. So, now I don't really use PEAK anymore (even the latest upgrade will not show the PSP plugsd completely so I am not upgrading).

It is indeed the cocoa vs. carbon issue. However, if you load the VST versions of the PSP plugs in Peak, you will see the proper GUI.
Gary Hobish
A. Hammer Mastering & Digital Media
San Francisco, Ca
http://ahammer.com/mastering

Mastering: Mac Studio M1 MAX 2TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 32-core GPU, OS 12.6; DP 11.22, Waves, Izotope RX10 Advanced, Alloy, Nectar, PSP stuff, Plug-In Alliance, Metric Halo ULN-8 MkIV, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Presonus Central Station, and (still) no air conditioning (but at least now there is airflow)

Annex: Mac Pro 2010 5,1 3.33GHz 12-core, 80GB RAM, 10.14.6, DP 11.22, Metric Halo ULN8 MkIV, MOTU 2408III
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Although, you won't have access to your custom presets if you saved those from an Audio Units instance.

So I have mostly been using Wave Editor for the PSP plugs and others.

Now that I own DSP-Quattro, I will try to learn it well enough to see if it can become my primary mastering tool.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH