A Special From SPL On Plug_ins

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
adriano
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

A Special From SPL On Plug_ins

Post by adriano »

Hello forum,

I came across this a few minutes ago and figured I post it here. Below is the link and a message from SPL:

http://spl.info/?id=331&L=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Order two Analog Code plug-ins now
and get the third one for free!

Take a look at the SPL Store. We have two price categories: plug-ins for 99 Euro/149 USD or 198 Euro/372 USD.

If you buy two plug-ins for 198 EUR/297 USD, you can select another 99 EUR/149 USD plug-in for free.
If you buy two plug-ins for 248 EUR/372 USD, you can select any of the Analog Code plug-ins as your free number three.

Adriano
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
Shooshie

Re: A Special From SPL On Plug_ins

Post by Shooshie »

The "DeVerb" plugin looks interesting. I just wonder how it works. Sometimes in small spaces, especially, one just gets too much of the room sound. Can DeVerb actually isolate that and remove it? If so, it would be a very useful plugin. I wonder what else you lose. Anyway, that's the first plugin of its kind that I've seen. Might be worth looking into. I wish they had a video demo for that one.

I've checked out the videos of some of the other plugins. I'm not always sure I'm hearing the things the narrator claims to hear, and what I do hear can be done with plugins I already own, so I probably won't try these for now. I'm not saying they don't do their jobs; just that nothing really knocked me over. Maybe I just didn't hear the right ones. But that DeVerb does look interesting!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

BUMP!

This is on sale again for $29 for the rest of the week. I get stuff sent to me that has reverb added to individual tracks. It would be useful to be able to remove at least some of that.

Shooshie asked three years ago whether it works, and I'll ask again. Does it remove reverb without making a mess of the sound? Does it do anything you can't do with SPL Transient Designer? The description says it uses the same "technology".
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

We have several tools to do de-reverbing. The ease of De-verb is tres hip! And it works well, as does mo-verb.

Love the SPL de-essers!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

labman wrote:And it works well, as does mo-verb.
Interesting google search came up with the suggestion to use something like Rocket (fast attack, shortish release, high ratio) to do parallel compression with the compressed signal inverted, thereby cancelling the tails, but not the attacks. The demos sounded about the same as the SPL demo, although all the demos I found are with drums, and I'd guess drums would be pretty easy to do. Vocals, maybe not so easy?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

I am very sure there are some really cool ways to do the same thing. I think we paid $19 for each of them on a big sale, so the simplicity made it a no brainer. We also have some waves stuff that also does that mo-verb less verb stuff. (Would have to ask engineer which)
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.