What's the current state of VocAlign and DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FutureLegends
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

What's the current state of VocAlign and DP?

Post by FutureLegends »

What versions work in DP?
Does the AU plug-in work? Or du you still have to use the 2.9.3 stand alone version?
Are there any decent alternatives to VocAlign that achive the same thing?

Thanks

DZ
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
FutureLegends

Re: What's the current state of VocAlign and DP?

Post by FutureLegends »

Bump...
I downloaded, the demo of the stand alone version (2.9.3). But it requires Rosetta to run in Snow Leopard. Not a good sign.
Also downloaded the AU version (3.03) but didn't understand how to operate that haha.

Anyone using VocAlign on an Intel Mac with Snow Leopard and DP7?
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
gallospole

Post by gallospole »

Just rec'd DP7, saw in the menu and manual VocAlign but when I try to launch it says it can't be found.

Isn't it included?

Also, I went to VA's site and on their home page it says its integrated with DP3. That's 10 years ago. I don't think they're on top of their game with DP.
MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (2), 16 GB RAM, 512 SSD, OS 10.9.5 & OS 10.11.6/ MOTU DP 8.07 & 9.12 / Avid Artist Mix / Novation ReMOTE 25 / MOTU 828 mk3 Hybrid / MOTU MX4 / M Tron Pro / impOSCar 2 / Eventide Plugins, SSL 4000 E & G Plugins, Puigtec & Puigchild Plugins / Eventide H3000 SE Ultra Harmonizer / Rupert Neve Designs 551s / Heritage '73EQ Jr / Klark Teknik DN500 / UA 2-610 / Focusrite ISA 828 / Beyer M201 TG / AKG 414 B-ULS / Shure SM57 & Beta 87A / EV RE20
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

No, it's not included, VocAlign must be bought seperately, but if you do, there's inbuilt support for it in DP.
However, the version that work with DP isn't available as an Intel version, and they won't make one unless they have to (they told me via mail). I'm not inclined to buy something thats so old. Hopefully they'll update it when Lion comes as then the rosetta support will be gone.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Interesting. The demo I downloaded says Universal when I click on Get Info.

This means that Rosetta should not be required.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
martian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by martian »

yeah we used the demo version for the 2 weeks allowed on a job about 3 months ago,

it was the stand alone version that worked,

was actually quite useful

and it was working fine on the white intel imacs
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
Renaissance Man

Post by Renaissance Man »

I've been using Vocalign Project for years now- spanning several Mac OS's.
Over the years, when I've had reason to deal with the folks at SyncroArts they've been good as gold. There was one interation of DP (5?) that had some problems with Vocalign but I found a workaround (by switching to interleaved SDII files if memory serves). I'm back on wav. files now, with my current Intel Mac set up (see signature below) using version 2.9.3 downloaded from the SyncroArts site. (No Rosetta Required)
Excellent tool for tightening up vocals BTW.
Mac Pro Early 2008 8-core 2.8, 16GB RAM, SSD, El Capitan, DP9.5.4; Waves Mercury V9.6 + SSL 4000 Collection, SyncroArts VocAlign Project 3, EastWest Quantum Leap Pianos & Voices of Soul, Nomad Factory Integral Studio Pack, BBE D82 Sonic Maximizer, Slate Digital VCC RC Tube and Trigger, MOTU PCIe 424, 3-2408Mk3's, 24io, MTP AV USB, Apogee A/D & Big Ben, CraneSong HEDD 192, ATC monitors, racks full of outboard, 90 microphones, MIDI/keyboard rig, house drums & tuned percussion etc...
Eleventh Hour Sound

Post by Eleventh Hour Sound »

Hi, I wondered if anyone's using Vocalign with DP 7.24 on an Intel Mac running Snow Leopard. I went to their website and found it very confusion about which version would be DP compatible.

From what I've read here it won't work with Lion, so I'm assuming it needs Rosetta? Not sure.

Thanks in Advance!

PS, Is there any similar program that will give the same or better results?
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

RecordingArts wrote:Hi, I wondered if anyone's using Vocalign with DP 7.24 on an Intel Mac running Snow Leopard. I went to their website and found it very confusion about which version would be DP compatible.

From what I've read here it won't work with Lion, so I'm assuming it needs Rosetta? Not sure.

Thanks in Advance!

Working fine here. Still using the same version as when I installed it with DP 5.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
Eleventh Hour Sound

cbergm7210 wrote:
RecordingArts wrote:Hi, I wondered if anyone's using Vocalign with DP 7.24 on an Intel Mac running Snow Leopard. I went to their website and found it very confusion about which version would be DP compatible.

Thanks in Advance!

Working fine here. Still using the same version as when I installed it with DP 5.
Thanks, Which versions are you using? It looks like on their website that Standalone is the only one they think is compatible...
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Looks like 2.9
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

Eleventh Hour Sound

Anyone using Vocalign or Revoice Pro with DP8? If/so, do you know if it's 64 bit compatible?
Thanks!
Alfred Zigoma

Post by Alfred Zigoma »

Hello. there users revoice pro? I tried the demo, with dp8 not work. I have vocalign project 3 that works well with dp, yet wanted to buy discount revoice, but I do not understand, not works only for me?
MacPro Quad-Core 2.8 GHZ 16GB RAM OSX 10.10, MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.11, Mac Mini MD388 OSX 10.10
DP 8, SSL MADI AlphaLink MX, UA Apollo, SSL Sigma, PMC Tb2, ATC SCM 20, SSL Alpha VHD Pre, Kemper, Powercore x8, UAD Octo, MC Mix(х2), MC Control, Melodyne, Revoice Pro, RX4, Soundtoys, McDSP, Waves, all Slate, VSL VE Pro, SE, Suite, NI Kontakt 5, Halion 5, MachFive 3, BPM, etc...
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Anyone able to access Vocalign Project standalone vs 3 through the DP Vocalign menu? (I'm still on DP 7.24)

It was working fine for me before I went to Mountain Lion, which broke Vocalign 2.9. I purchased Vocalign 3, but DP still says "Error communicating with Vocalign."

(I suspect I may have to go to DP 8...?)

Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Hi there

I'm using Vocalign Project v3.11 (standalone with DP 8.07 and it works beautifully. I use it quite simply ...hit 1 for Set Guide File and then 2 for Set Dub, Align and Spot Audio.... job done. Couldn't be quicker or more elegant for my needs

I did also buy Revoice Pro which has deeper functionality but it's more of a handful and requires exporting and importing from/to DP... it would be great if MOTU could integrate Revoice Pro as well as they did Vocalign.

FWIW the guys at Synchroarts have always been very helpful and polite if you need help...but Vocalign Project is straight forward, super quick and the built-in integration in DP makes this one great piece of software

Hope this helps

Maxxy

Mavericks 10.9.5, Octocore MP 2009
Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.3, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards, Softube Console 1 MkII & Fader Control