What's the current state of VocAlign and DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
greg328
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Need help with VocAlign in DP9!

Post by greg328 »

I've installed the demo version of VocAlign 4.2.3, and it shows up as a AU plug available for insert on audio tracks, but the Vocalign menu commands can't find it. I see no VocAlign standalone app in my applications folder.

What's the procedure for using/loading VocAlign in DP9?

Thanks!
Greg
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
greg328

Re: What's the current state of VocAlign and DP?

Post by greg328 »

OK, I went the the SynchroArts website for assistance, they indicate only Vocalign Project 3 will work in DP, as a menu item, not Vocalign Pro 4.

It's still not showing up after install and trial license authorization.

Any idea if this software feature is even available in DP9? The menu items are present in DP9 but it continues to say it "can't find application".

Thanks!
Greg
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by delcosmos »

I use vocalign project 3 with DP9.01 all the time.

You have to open Vocalign project application in order to allow comunication between DP and vocalign.

If you don't open vocalign project app and try to use the "built in Vocalign" inside DP, you get an error message, but if the application is running, you would be able to use it without a problem.

Hope I explained myself, my English is terrble!

Best.
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6
greg328

Post by greg328 »

I so appreciate your help! I wish I could find the standalone app, but I don't see it. I assume it installed in the applications folder. I'll do a complete system search again, but I don't think it installed the standalone. Where did yours install?

thanks so much!
Greg
Houston
greg328

Post by greg328 »

I've scoured my hard drive, no sign of VocAlign Project 3 as a standalone app. The installer only installed the plug-in version, which is of course no use to me in DP9.

Anybody have any advice? I'll contact SynchroArts as well..

Best,
Greg
bralston

Post by bralston »

You have seen and read this correct?

http://www.synchroarts.com/AppSupport/V ... former.htm
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
greg328

Post by greg328 »

Did not see that under the FAQ section on the SynchroArts website, I appreciate you sharing it. The only mention I found re: DP9 was that only Vocalign Project 3 would work as a standalone, not Vocalign Pro 4, which I suppose would run as an insert. ??

However, step 2 on the above tutorial is still impossible for me because I can't "run" Vocalign. The installer did not install a standalone app. So, not sure what's going on with that. I sent a help request email to SyncroArts today, hopefully they'll jump in with more info.

Best,
Greg
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Works great here. And yes, you should see version 3.1.4 in your Applications folder:

Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
Renaissance Man

Post by Renaissance Man »

Yes, I scoured my Mac for VocAlign3 but could not find it either. It apparently exists as a disc image. I ended up downloading a different version of VocAlign3 to make it work and keep an icon on the desktop to open the disc image.
Mac Pro Early 2008 8-core 2.8, 16GB RAM, SSD, El Capitan, DP9.5.4; Waves Mercury V9.6 + SSL 4000 Collection, SyncroArts VocAlign Project 3, EastWest Quantum Leap Pianos & Voices of Soul, Nomad Factory Integral Studio Pack, BBE D82 Sonic Maximizer, Slate Digital VCC, RC Tube and Trigger, MOTU PCIe 424, 3-2408Mk3's, 24io, MTP AV USB, Apogee A/D & Big Ben, CraneSong HEDD 192, ATC monitors, racks full of outboard, 90+ microphones, MIDI/keyboard rig, house drums & tuned percussion etc...