DP 8?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Dwetmaster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 8?

Post by Dwetmaster »

timriley wrote:I can feel a DP8 wishlist coming on... :wink:
It was out the very first morning that DP7 got out. :?
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
timriley

Post by timriley »

Dwetmaster wrote:
timriley wrote:I can feel a DP8 wishlist coming on... :wink:
It was out the very first morning that DP7 got out. :?
About time we had a DP9 wishlist then... :roll:
Mac Pro Quad XEON/2.8Ghz/12GB RAM

Macbook Pro Core Duo/2.16Ghz/2GB RAM

OSX 10.6.8/DP7.22
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

OH MY GOD, I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL DP..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
James Steele
Site Administrator

DP 8?

Post by James Steele »

Klaus wrote:...unusable...
Ah, THAT word again.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

James Steele wrote:
Ah, THAT word again.
Klaus, I went back and read that thread. It seems that you are using Cuemix. Are you sure that the problem is with DP? It could be a Cuemix bug. Also, 2:1 sounds awfully suspicious. Could be a routing problem. I don't use Cuemix, so I can't verify, but I've had no problems of this nature with DP 7.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Who knows. I do know that if you have Cue Mix and DP open at the same time, and both have an input enabled, it will increase the volume coming in. One signal will come from CueMix and the other from DP and it will combine. I sometimes use this intentionally to get more gain when monitoring an incoming signal if I'm tracking to a mix that I have limiter/compressor affecting.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

It often introduces some phunky phasing phun. So if you want to get your phill of phantastic phasaliciousness, turn that phucker right on!

If not, either turn audio monitoring off in DP or mute CueMix.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

James Steele wrote:
Ah, THAT word again.
James
I meant this feature : Hardware input monitoring
is unusable, not DP...
Imagine, having setup a rec monitor mix, then recording, then playing back what was recorded, at completely different levels, as I said,
each track will be 2:1 louder, i.e. instead playing at -20 dB, it plays at -10dB, isn't this unusable ?
I would like to *not* use Cuemix FX when recording...

...and I think I noted that this bug shows regardless of using Cuemix FX or not, and I also noted that there is absolutely *no* double routing / monitoring via Cuemix FX going on.

This bug was confirmed here also

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 74#p376541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If someone with a 896mkIII could test and confirm this is not true, I'm open to learn and adjust my rig. Tests with other mkIII interfaces are welcome too, to narrow down...

Thanks

and best to all

Klaus
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

The problem here is that DP controls CueMix, sorta.
If you make the tracks not play (unclick the blue triangle, sorry I forget the right terminology) it works. But it's a drag having to turn them on again to listen to the take etc.

I've requested this too (having DP NOT control CueMix).
DPs control over CueMix seem to work fine only when all inputs have it's own corresponding output...
Another pet peeve is that DPs transport controls don't work when in CueMix and CueMix's talkback shortcut don't work when in DP...
Klaus wrote: I meant this feature : Hardware input monitoring
is unusable, not DP...
Imagine, having setup a rec monitor mix, then recording, then playing back what was recorded, at completely different levels, as I said,
each track will be 2:1 louder, i.e. instead playing at -20 dB, it plays at -10dB, isn't this unusable ?
I would like to *not* use Cuemix FX when recording...

...and I think I noted that this bug shows regardless of using Cuemix FX or not, and I also noted that there is absolutely *no* double routing / monitoring via Cuemix FX going on.

This bug was confirmed here also

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 74#p376541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If someone with a 896mkIII could test and confirm this is not true, I'm open to learn and adjust my rig. Tests with other mkIII interfaces are welcome too, to narrow down...

Thanks

and best to all

Klaus
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Klaus wrote:
James Steele wrote:
Ah, THAT word again.
James
I meant this feature : Hardware input monitoring
is unusable, not DP...
Maybe so. I guess we have to deal with it until it's fixed. It sounds incovenient, as hassle, a PITA. "Unusable?" I dunno... YMMV.

cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Prime Mover wrote:It often introduces some phunky phasing phun. So if you want to get your phill of phantastic phasaliciousness, turn that phucker right on!

If not, either turn audio monitoring off in DP or mute CueMix.
I'm sorry...I thought this was funny as h@#$. :D
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

cbergm7210 wrote: I'm sorry...I thought this was funny as h@#$. :D
Or "phunny"?
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Frodo wrote:
cbergm7210 wrote: I'm sorry...I thought this was funny as h@#$. :D
Or "phunny"?

:lol: :lol:
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

I need DP8 to hurry up and bring it's 64-bit self out because my Waves WUP is about to expire. .. tapping nervously..

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

nightwatch wrote:I need DP8 to hurry up and bring it's 64-bit self out because my Waves WUP is about to expire. .. tapping nervously..
Just upgrade them on the Waves site, but don't install them. They'll create your Waves Cloud Account so they'll be ready when you need them. Your V8 stuff will still work off the iLok - you don't have to surrender a license or anything. Check with Waves if you have any questions.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1