Digital Performer 7.2 wins EM's Editor's Choice Award

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Best DAW... Electronic Musician Editor's Choice:

http://emusician.com/ms/editors_choice/daws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Didn't see where Reaper placed? Did you, SOS magazine? :dance:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Digital Performer 7.2 wins EM's Editor's Choice Award

Post by James Steele »

P.S. You might rate and leave a comment in the comment section beneath the article at the link in my first post. Seems some PT/Logic people are hijacking the discussion away from DP. :shake:

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

There's something odd there, those comments don't belong to that article, they are all months old, and are talking about PT8..... only the last 'confused' comment has been made since the article was posted

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

stephentayler wrote:There's something odd there, those comments don't belong to that article, they are all months old, and are talking about PT8..... only the last 'confused' comment has been made since the article was posted
Ahhh!! Good eye! :) I was wondering what was up. They didn't make sense. :lol:

kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Winners are grinners
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats motu.....
:D
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

Even if you don't like the idea of registering to the website, you can rate the article without registering. Click the link and rate it! ;)
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
studio_651

Post by studio_651 »

it's so nice to see DP starting to get its proper respect! if you read most music magazines, you'd think there weren't any other high-end DAWs that could touch logic or protools. finally the gospel of DP is spreading out to the world a little : ) we just need to win a few more of these and maybe we can steer more musicians and engineers to our ranks.

i'd love it if DP became more and more popular so that more magazines would feature tips and tricks articles (not that we don't already have an awesome resource for those on this board!), motu would be able to focus more of its budget on it, and we'd potentially get more frequent updates and new features!

i left my comment and rated it 5 out of 5. it said my comment has to be approved by the moderator before it's posted, so we'll see how long that takes. . .
Matt Morton | http://www.mattmortonmusic.com | 6-core Mac Pro 3.33 GHz w/ 32 GB RAM | DP 7.24 | UAD-2 Quad | RME Fireface 800 | i7 3930k PC slave w/ 64 GB RAM | i7 4930k PC slave w/ 64 GB RAM | VE Pro 5 with MIR Pro
BobK

Post by BobK »

Congratulations, MOTU, and thanks to the EM guys for giving DP the props!

(One minor error: they say the search feature for the commands window is new, but it's not; what's new about it is that it's active search, updating as you type - which is a feature I'd been wanting without realizing it.) :D

:unicorn:
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
studio_651

Post by studio_651 »

looks like it only took 2 hours for my comment to be approved and posted - not bad.
Matt Morton | http://www.mattmortonmusic.com | 6-core Mac Pro 3.33 GHz w/ 32 GB RAM | DP 7.24 | UAD-2 Quad | RME Fireface 800 | i7 3930k PC slave w/ 64 GB RAM | i7 4930k PC slave w/ 64 GB RAM | VE Pro 5 with MIR Pro
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

This is awesome!

And weird too. One magazine decides to basically drop us in favor of other toys, while another one gives us a medal .
Go figure...
SOS, are you listening?

I'm definitely renewing my subscription to EM.

Congratulations, MOTU! You certainly deserve it.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Almost forgot to do this myself, but those of us with Facebook pages should "share" this link on our wall-- and tweet this link too.

daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

James Steele wrote:Almost forgot to do this myself, but those of us with Facebook pages should "share" this link on our wall[...]
Just done, James !
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
n2mpujack

Post by n2mpujack »

James Steele wrote:Almost forgot to do this myself, but those of us with Facebook pages should "share" this link on our wall-- and tweet this link too.
Just done.

Thankfully Facebook is cooperating today. It totally dropped out yesterday afternoon here on the East Coast. That and my profile when I logged on yesterday had automatically changed over to the new version and then changed back to the older style.