MOTU Plugs vs. Waves Plugs

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
difab4
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU Plugs vs. Waves Plugs

Post by difab4 »

Thanks for this great thread.
I'm in the process of upgrading from DP 2.7 to DP 7 and have found that I cannot upgrade my Waves NPP 4 even if I wanted to (unless I spend $195 on DP8) because Waves no longer supports ilok. So I'll be getting used to MW after years of working with the L1, C1 and Trueverb. The posts here have given me hope that the transition will be not too painful.
Thanks again
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

We use wavesuniverse for all our rig Waves supplies. Max and Gary are absolutely first rate. Not only great prices but superb service.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Gravity Jim »

I thought (IIRC) that Waves gives you a choice of where to store your authorizations. I mean, mine are on my iLok, so it's still supported AFAIK.

One more Interwebz acronym and I'd have the trifecta. YMMV.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]