AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by Radiogal »

Andy :band: :love:
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
wdegillio

Post by wdegillio »

Andy,
Many thanks for your contribution to the DP community, and all the best on your journey of recovery!
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYInT ... 53N-Rs3c-g
Instagram - billgdegillio

2012 Mac Mini 2.3 GHz i7 (6.2)* 16 gigs RAM* OS 10.15.7* DP 11.22* MOTU M4* Scuffham S-Gear* Sibelius 8*
Xfer Records Serum & Nerve* u-he Zebra2 & Hive* NI Komplete 13* Korg Legacy Collection*
M-Audio Oxygen Pro 61* Presonus Central Station* Dynaudio BM5a* Rode NTH-100 & Grado SR225 Headphones
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by sayatnova »

I just upgraded to 9.5 tonight and was deeply dismayed when I booted up and felt I was being attacked by my screen. I have been using Gold, and Mellow Gold since DP7, and that is what it should look like to me. All of the themes in the new 9.5 are either truly aweful, or not quite right. Andy, your themes have always felt balanced and clear. They are both aesthetic and deeply functional. This is why I am having a really hard time coming to terms with having to: use the new version and hating the way it impacts me visually; or, just going back to the older version (9.03) with my trusty Gold and Mellow Gold... This is a serious question for me.

That said, I just found this thread and read your last message to us all. I want to say that, as much as I would like to be able to have updates to my beloved themes, nothing is as important as your health and well-being. Take care of your self. The themes will be here if and when you decide to get to them. In the meantime, focus on things that feed your soul and get well. We are pulling for you.

~Shea
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
sayatnova

Post by sayatnova »

Guitar Gaz wrote:
amplidood wrote:Successfulness is not my problem, unfortunately. The task of redesigning every theme I have and have all new versions work correctly with Retina screens is just too much time to invest. I'm going to have announce the end of development for AmpGUImods. The financial return just doesn't justify it anymore, and it overwhelms me every time I put any thought at all to it.

Thanks to all my supporters and fans. It was a fantastic learning experience, and I hope someday it could make sense to engage in something like this again.

Best to all of you.
Andy - I have overhauled Mellow and converted all the png's for Retina - it took ages and no wonder you are reluctant to do all your themes. Usually I converted themes based on docking the Control Panel in the Consolidated Window at Full Toolbar Height and didn't bother with all the other permutations.

Anyway - Mellow is done - if you want it let me know and I can email it to you or something in case you want to continue distributing it (or use it yourself). I don't want anything for this although in time I could have a go at some other of your Themes if you approve. I only have Mellow so have nothing else to work with so you would have to let me have any other Themes - up to you as I would not work on them immediately. But the offer is there as thanks for the inspiration of your Themes work.

Also if anyone wants Mellow for DP9 I think you should be the one to distribute. So let me know - and thanks again.
I would happily pay Andy to be able to use this... I am serious about this.

Please let me know.

~Shea
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

sayatnova wrote:
Guitar Gaz wrote:
amplidood wrote:Successfulness is not my problem, unfortunately. The task of redesigning every theme I have and have all new versions work correctly with Retina screens is just too much time to invest. I'm going to have announce the end of development for AmpGUImods. The financial return just doesn't justify it anymore, and it overwhelms me every time I put any thought at all to it.

Thanks to all my supporters and fans. It was a fantastic learning experience, and I hope someday it could make sense to engage in something like this again.

Best to all of you.
Andy - I have overhauled Mellow and converted all the png's for Retina - it took ages and no wonder you are reluctant to do all your themes. Usually I converted themes based on docking the Control Panel in the Consolidated Window at Full Toolbar Height and didn't bother with all the other permutations.

Anyway - Mellow is done - if you want it let me know and I can email it to you or something in case you want to continue distributing it (or use it yourself). I don't want anything for this although in time I could have a go at some other of your Themes if you approve. I only have Mellow so have nothing else to work with so you would have to let me have any other Themes - up to you as I would not work on them immediately. But the offer is there as thanks for the inspiration of your Themes work.

Also if anyone wants Mellow for DP9 I think you should be the one to distribute. So let me know - and thanks again.
I would happily pay Andy to be able to use this... I am serious about this.

Please let me know.

~Shea
As previously stated I have done Mellow (it needed a slight tweak for 9.5) but while I am happy to allow my update to be distributed by Andy as a basis for him also updating his other themes (my update took quite a bit of work some time ago for all the 5K) I will only deal with Andy. As he hasn't contacted me I am guessing he is not ready for this task at the moment - and it's not for me to get involved with other 3rd parties. I worked out how to do it myself so others can also do this - but it is for Andy to distribute and make some money from this - and I am happy to help him but only if he wants it and is ready.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Honorable Gaz.

May each new day be most excellent Andy.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I think it would be cool if those of us with sufficient technical ability and Photoshop or other graphics software could each take on one or two of Andy's themes and do this work for him (and the DP community), letting Andy, of course, continue to sell them if he wishes since he did the actual creating and heavy lifting to make the original themes. It would be a tremendous loss to DP not to have these themes available. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
labman

Post by labman »

James Steele wrote:I think it would be cool if those of us with sufficient technical ability and Photoshop or other graphics software could each take on one or two of Andy's themes and do this work for him (and the DP community), letting Andy, of course, continue to sell them if he wishes since he did the actual creating and heavy lifting to make the original themes. It would be a tremendous loss to DP not to have these themes available. :(
Yes. Lets do that!!!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
labman

Post by labman »

This is weird. All my DP8 andy themes are working in 9.x (9.5) except for Sharpflat. (Not optimized but working. It is missing fonts and lines and stuff. Any ideas what is going on?
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

James Steele wrote:I think it would be cool if those of us with sufficient technical ability and Photoshop or other graphics software could each take on one or two of Andy's themes and do this work for him (and the DP community), letting Andy, of course, continue to sell them if he wishes since he did the actual creating and heavy lifting to make the original themes. It would be a tremendous loss to DP not to have these themes available. :(
If Andy (or someone) can tell me what needs to be done, I would gladly pitch in on this.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Already made my offer which still stands.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
frankf

AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by frankf »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
labman

Post by labman »

frankf wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That is awesome Frank. !!! LOL Did you mean to post something else?
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

labman wrote:
frankf wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That is awesome Frank. !!! LOL Did you mean to post something else?
I don't think Tim can beat THAT!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
remmet

Post by remmet »

It looks like the last post was in October, 2017. Have there been any new developments?

Andy, I don't know you, but I very much appreciate what you wrote about dealing with depression. I hope things are going well for you -- or at least getting better. I'm not unfamiliar with the subject myself.

Anyway, if the Themes project is still happening, I'd love to be involved and would be happy to support it.

All the best,

Richard
Mac mini 2018 3.2GHz i7; OS X 10.144.6; 64 GB RAM; DP 10.1; Apollo X6; Kontakt 6; Omnisphere II; Adagio Everything, Spitfire almost Everything, Berlin Winds and Brass, Xosphere 2, and endless other sample libraries, acoustic and electric guitars, and assorted other essentials that have helped make me the "almost break even guy" my accountant so admires.