AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by Radiogal »

This one I LIIIIKE!!! wannit!! :)
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

yeah buddy. Count me in too Andy.

BTW: nice new avatar
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Gotta love Beale Street, right?

Hybrid versions of my themes are very nearly doable by anyone with more than one. You will run into problems with certain elements, though, such as the info bar, automation controls, and mixer backgrounds. These are embedded with colors specific to that theme, and have to be edited in layers to maintain the look of the elements. It is, of course, possible to adjust the entire image to fit what you want. You may actually end up with a result you like.

Just make a duplicate of the theme you want to start from as a basis, do the "Show Package Contents" thing, navigate to the "Resources" folder, and start dragging in images from other themes that you'd like to try out.

I say experiment away!!

PS, My elites will get whatever hybrids I come up with, of course :)
James Steele
Site Administrator

AmpGUI7 (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by James Steele »

Hey Andy. I think that DAW poll at GS has pretty much run its course, so I'll get that banner ad back up for your site for a while soon. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:Hey Andy. I think that DAW poll at GS has pretty much run its course, so I'll get that banner ad back up for your site for a while soon. :)
You rock, bro. As your avatar clearly suggests ;)
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

SharpFlat will be available sometime tomorrow. There's some things I feel need to be done still, and I really want to redo the Control Panel a bit... but i think I've sat on it for long enough.

ImageClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch
danworks

Post by danworks »

Very nice Andy, I could easily use it …
amplidood wrote:SharpFlat will be available sometime tomorrow. There's some things I feel need to be done still, and I really want to redo the Control Panel a bit... but i think I've sat on it for long enough.

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis …"

#1- MacPro-12Cores 3.3Ghz /64gig RAM/MacOS 10.13.6/DP10/VEP6/PCI-424
#2- MacPro-12Cores 3.3Ghz/64gig RAM/MacOS 10.10.5/VEP6

UAD2 and lots of software and plugs

Solo project here and on iTunes
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Sharp Flat 72v1 is up and available...
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Beautiful! But then, I've come to expect nothing less from the MOTU GUI Guru!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Thanks Shoosh.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

As an amateur tinkerer with themes, you are obviously the inspiration. I have been experimenting not just with colours (I have a great Purple Rose theme along with many others) but also have been adding small photos of my daughters to the control panel, plus the mixer faders and the Wiper - its quite a good way of customising. So thanks for all your work in this field as it prompted Motu to make themes customisable. Your new theme looks a bit like Live - was that the idea behind it?
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Guitar Gaz wrote:Your new theme looks a bit like Live - was that the idea behind it?
I always liked the idea of Live's super clean interface. The Sharp Flat comes out of James wondering what a flattened version of Sharp would look like. I started taking out the shading/lighting elements and tweaking, and I too noticed how similar it was to Live's vibe. I guess a flatter, simpler interface is going to get to a pretty common place when you start really working on it.

It turned out to be a LOT more work than I realized, because you have to find other ways of making things not run into each other and stand out once you begin removing the 3rd dimension. Not as easy as just turning things off as I had originally thought. Gotta give it to the Ableton guys for doing a killer job on theirs.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

amplidood wrote:It turned out to be a LOT more work than I realized, because you have to find other ways of making things not run into each other and stand out once you begin removing the 3rd dimension. Not as easy as just turning things off as I had originally thought. Gotta give it to the Ableton guys for doing a killer job on theirs.
Well, of course you did a marvelous job of it, and I think it looks 1st rate and very usable, though the thought did occur to me that it must have been hard to make it as clear as it is. You'd think the shadows and bevels would make it busier, but actually they make it cleaner. I think it's very hard to make "flat" look "clean." I know this from drawing. You get the lines in place, but it's up to the eye to figure out what they mean and what is their relationship. Add shadows, shadings, and variable widths of lines, and all of a sudden the picture pops out at you, and it ceases to be merely a collection of lines. So, it's easy for me to imagine that this may have been the hardest one you ever did! Again, great job Gui Guru! (pronounced Goo-ey-Gu-Ru) ;)

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

You'll appreciate this, Shoosh....

A variation on Oxidized I'm working on.

Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Shooshie's not the only one. That looks great (as usual 8) ).
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4