AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
haim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by haim »

Any news about alternate methods of payments ? :(
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel !
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

haim wrote:Any news about alternate methods of payments ? :(
I don´t understand why you experience a problem. PayPal should work for you as you´re in Europe.
Alternative: ask a friend to help you out paying by PayPal and pay him with cash.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I've got Google Checkout set up, just have to wait a couple of days for the verification to finish. Should be a nice alternative to those that don't like/can't use PayPal.
haim

Post by haim »

Radiogal wrote:
haim wrote:Any news about alternate methods of payments ? :(
I don´t understand why you experience a problem. PayPal should work for you as you´re in Europe.
Alternative: ask a friend to help you out paying by PayPal and pay him with cash.

Europe has PayPal but Serbia don't have that opportunity :(
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel !
stainlessbrown

Post by stainlessbrown »

Andy

I'm loving this!!!!

These are much mo better on the eyes and makes navigation even better!

Great job!

Stainless
MacPro 8core, 10MB, 4.5 TB, RME Fireface800, Presonus D8, JBL LSR4326P, Oz HM-6, Presonus HP60, Prism MMA-4XR, Bellari, ART, Altec Lansing, TC Helicon, BBE, 002R, PTLE 8.0, Reaper, Tascam TSR8, Hammond M3, Rhodes 88, Korg, Yamaha, too many guitars, and more mics than I need, and a bunch of plug-ins that seemed a good idea at the time
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

stainlessbrown wrote:Andy
I'm loving this!!!!
These are much mo better on the eyes and makes navigation even better!
Great job!
Stainless
Glad you like them. Always good to know someone's life is made a little better. :headbang:
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Another satisfied customer. Man, if these were insurance policies, you'd be rich. Fortunately, they are what they are, and they make US rich! (in spirit, anyway)

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

There's a new payment setup in place. I've gotten some attitude from people on the donation front, so I'm making it clear and concise. Adding a slight price drop into the mix as well. Thanks to all those that got on board up to this point!! You all rock.

To those who decided that my donation system meant my work wasn't worth anything... oh well. Moving on.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:There's a new payment setup in place. I've gotten some attitude from people on the donation front, so I'm making it clear and concise. Adding a slight price drop into the mix as well. Thanks to all those that got on board up to this point!! You all rock.

To those who decided that my donation system meant my work wasn't worth anything... oh well. Moving on.
Hey Andy... I tried to email you before I put the ad up on the site about the GearSlutz poll. I will put your ad back up soon. And by the way... let me just not mince words: SCREW THE CHEAPSKATES WHO GAVE YOU ATTITUDE ABOUT DONATIONS. I don't know what the hell their problem is, but I know how much work went into them. I'm personally sick to death of people like that. Personally I'm not sure why they actually bought DP. Maybe they should get that other DAW that is so easy to steal.

I feel your pain. Back in the UNICORNATION days, I had a little donate button on the bottom of every page to help with hosting costs. I limited it to a $1 donation. After the initial wave of donations from some of the diehards here, the donation level averaged about $3 per month. I eventually went to Google Ads which immediately was a VAST improvement, and finally settled on having the current Sweetwater banner, because I think they're a good organization and they have been very supportive of DP and of this community.

But to the original point... yeah... the cheapness of some folks. *Sigh*
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Any new themes in the works? How about any that you've been tinkering with for a while, such as Smooth or Tempered?

I just went through your themes on my disk, and once again just remembered the incredible period of discovery that you went through as you made them, and the excitement with which we greeted each new release. I don't know if we'll ever see another time quite like that period -- which culminated in MOTU actually ADDING Themes to DP, just to accommodate popular demand (for which we can all thank Andy) -- but I still get excited every time this thread pops up to the top again, hoping that maybe there's a new surprise in it. But a more streamlined payment/download system is a nice surprise, too. I hope that some who may have avoided these in the past will take another look now.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do if these ever went away. I guess I'd have to make my own, and that would take… what, weeks? Months? Suffice to say that I feel a debt of gratitude.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Man, Shoosh, your encouragement is always so refreshing. That journey was definitely amazing and something i never saw coming.

I would love nothing more than to get back into a few new versions. It's a very different brain space and quite fun. I'm at a moment right now where I can't return to it... demands of life and survival are just taking too much time and energy. As many of you know, it's all we can do to keep from going under most of the time. Maybe the new pricing setup will make it easier for some to get into it and chase off the riff raff.

I really do hope I can get back into it in the near future. I already miss the feeling I had while working on them.

James, no worries on the banner, man. You've done me such a solid that I didn't even think twice about it.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Shooshie wrote: Honestly, I don't know what I'd do if these ever went away. I guess I'd have to make my own, and that would take… what, weeks? Months? Suffice to say that I feel a debt of gratitude.

Shooshie
I am guessing what I would do if these went away, is to stay on whatever DP version last worked with Andys themes. Nothing MOTU can come up with, in terms of bells and whistles has helped my productivity as much as Andys themes. Hard to work with DP without my EYES :shock:
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
arielmusic

Post by arielmusic »

Ditto Andy,
You made DP into a new world for us that's a visual pleasure to look at makes the program ever more user friendly. I think it's unfortunate that DP didn't bring you on board. Look no further than their own templates. You gave them the idea but they lack the artistry. It's really a shame that creative people have such a struggle in this culture. I wish you all the best in all your endeavours!
Mac Pro Quad Core, DP 7.2, 2 896's, Black Lion Micro Clock mk2, Waves CLA Compressors, Sonnox Oxford EQ and Dynamics, Echoboy, Aether & Breeze, Altiverb, Waves Gold, Dynamic Spectrum Mapper, Vintage Warmer 2, Xenon, sQuad and Old Timer, Melodyne, Omnishpere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Ivory, GPO, Nomad Factory Integral Studio, URS FullTec, Plugsound Pro, Peak Pro 6, Ethno 2, Drumagog 5, Euphonix MC Control and 2 Euphonix MC Mixes, Frontier Tranzport, Vertex MultiInspector, Cytomic The Glue
melenko
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by melenko »

You made MOTU move! Thank's!
MacPro 2.66 - 8Go ram-10.6.2 /DP7.2/URS plugs/Kontakt4/PlugsoundPro/StylusRMX/EZDrummer/Superior/Altiverb/Ozone4/Sonnox/etc...Neve 8801/RME ffce 800
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Having fun making hybrids whilst I work....

ImageClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch