AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
auricle74
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by auricle74 »

All good reasons.

No problems, I can wait a bit :)
Mid 2010 Mac Pro - 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core "Gulftown" Intel Xeon (E5620), 24Gb Ram, OSX 10.7.5. MOTU Traveller. Digital Performer 7.2.4
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by amplidood »

Sorry for the delay, my friend. Life has been a bit of a blur recently, and I had gotten out of the habit of checking up on things. All taken care of. Thank you for your patience.
auricle74

Post by auricle74 »

Indeed he did.

Thank you Andy. No problems about the delay. Life does get like that sometimes.

I'm now enjoying your excellent themes. Thank you.
Mid 2010 Mac Pro - 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core "Gulftown" Intel Xeon (E5620), 24Gb Ram, OSX 10.7.5. MOTU Traveller. Digital Performer 7.2.4
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Hey there, fellers. Just thought I'd let you all know that my faithful old MacBook Pro 4,1 finally bit the dust this week. I've never had a more reliable machine, and I need to compile a list of everything I accomplished on that thing. It served me well... I think it will be enshrined.

Alas, it is time to move on. Just today I took ownership of a brand new MacBook Pro 11,3. This retina display is simply unbelievable. Needless to say, I feel my work on my themes will take on a whole new perspective, as I can see things in a way I've never been able to before.

Here's to the future, my friends!!

Amplidood
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Sorry to hear you MacBook bit the dust! Here's to the new one! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Hello Andy _

I only just realized that MOTU had included links on this activity on it's official site about of Digital Performer Themes .
I had seen it on their Facebook page but now I am surprised and delighted . :dance:
Last edited by corbo-billy on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Hear! Hear!
  • The MacBook is Dead!
    Long Live the MacBook!
And a special computer that was. It changed Digital Performer. Or rather its owner did, using it as a tool. Hardly a day goes by that I don't stop and think about how that little thread of genius grew into a whole movement that gave us all what we didn't even think was possible. But once we saw it, there was no turning back. People started pouring in for a look, and they wanted it, too. They even bought DP so they could have it. And MOTU could not help but to notice that.

Now, the people at MOTU use Themes in their ads, often showing several different themes in different windows. If appearances didn't matter, people never would have invented paint! After version 6, appearance was the thing I liked the least about DP. It was so stark and glaringly bright. But even in the distant past I'd often wished that I could have a dark interface with light data for directing a live show, especially in the wings where I was visible to part of the audience. I wanted a warmer colored interface in general, just for helping to elevate my mood, working long hours in DP. Now I have either one, and more!

Thanks, Andy, and thanks to your old MacBook. See that its departure receives at least a word of respect from the community.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
labman

Post by labman »

I got a retina for me aging eyes. Not for production but for all the biz stuff. It does indeed enlighten me! :)

I wonder how long till massive retina screens are available.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Wow, that's amazing that MOTU did that. Just goes to show you never know everything that's going to happen.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Wow with this new Retina I'm rediscovering navigation tricks with DP. Like creating a bunch of Show/Hide track groups for the Sequence Editor... so easy to jump around and see what I need. Creating a Show/Hide only group for a MIDI track and its VI is just wonderful. I only have one pane in the Consolidate window at a time, so I really helps me focus on what's useful about each section. I'm more proud of my themes than ever now as well!! When I get time I'm going to do some tweaks and get creative again...

A useful feature I'm going to suggest to MOTU is the ability to anchor the Mixer to the left or the right of the screen. That way, with my Show/Hide groups, I can always have it growing or shrinking from the right side of the screen, not covering up what I'm seeing in the edit windows. Also, If choosing to anchor from the right side, the track selector should be on the right as well.
labman

Post by labman »

Hmmm. Interesting. Could you make a little video of this andy. Sounds like something I could use!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I love bastardizing my own themes :)

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Is that like MelloWarm?
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Warm mellow Gotham :)
labman

Post by labman »

Nice andy ! Me want when done! :)