AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by Guitar Gaz »

If you change on the Info.plist at the bottom from <string>8.0 to 9.0 then the customised themes will appear for use. So far they all seem to work once this change is made - although Andy's themes seem to be working without any change needed.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

The release of DP9 is great news!
DP 9 running on OSX 10.6.8 is even better news.
DP 9 running Andys AMPGUI is the best news!
Now it´s time to upgrade :D
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Tripi

Post by Tripi »

I just opened DP9, and realized that all of my own custom themes are greyed out. Any thoughts on how to get them working in DP9 again?

thanks!
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Guitar Gaz wrote:If you change on the Info.plist at the bottom from <string>8.0 to 9.0 then the customised themes will appear for use.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
tigerjj
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by tigerjj »

Guitar Gaz wrote:If you change on the Info.plist at the bottom from <string>8.0 to 9.0 then the customised themes will appear for use. So far they all seem to work once this change is made - although Andy's themes seem to be working without any change needed.
:band: :-D
Tripi

Post by Tripi »

Well, that would be an easy fix, but it doesn't always work as expected. I've been using a modified version of PLASMA from DP8. If I just change the plist to 9.0, it let's me use it... but it's not pretty. My transport window is a solid block of blue. I guess they've changed some of the ways colors work in DP9.

Thanks for the help though.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
Tripi

Post by Tripi »

Actually... does anyone know where the image or xml info for the TRACK LOCK icon is? I made mine a custom shade of yellow so I could see it better, and would like to do it again. I can't find it though.

thanks!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Hey guys. I got to do a really fun thing recently. Paul Tingen is a seriously cool dude.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug15/a ... k-0815.htm
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Great stuff Andy. SO good to see you getting some more well deserved credit!!!

I have noticed that on our beloved mellow, in DP9 I can't see the new icon for assigning a MIDI controller at bottom left corner of plug windows. What can be done?
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

amplidood wrote:Hey guys. I got to do a really fun thing recently. Paul Tingen is a seriously cool dude.

Excellent. I might have to renew my subscription.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Tripi wrote:Well, that would be an easy fix, but it doesn't always work as expected. I've been using a modified version of PLASMA from DP8. If I just change the plist to 9.0, it let's me use it... but it's not pretty. My transport window is a solid block of blue. I guess they've changed some of the ways colors work in DP9.
Not as far as I can tell - I suspect it's your modified transport window - you probably need to look at it and edit that one or bring in the old transport window from the previous version. Also some things default from one theme to another and require closure of DP and then re-starting it again to default to the chosen theme. I have loads of customised themes and have not noticed any change once I do the plist change - although if I switch from Consolidated to normal I notice some of my themes were only geared up for use with CW and any other use with a floating Control Panel may have not been changed by me. So I don't think anything else is different in DP9 with regard to colours.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

bayswater wrote:
amplidood wrote:Hey guys. I got to do a really fun thing recently. Paul Tingen is a seriously cool dude.

Excellent. I might have to renew my subscription.
... or wait a few months 'till the article's unlocked, as I'll be doing.

There's been much hype about Josh in these here parts. The talk-back station I listen to has a competition going (luck of the draw) where the winner gets to meet him and "enjoy" an intimate performance, VIP only.

I felt privileged to know Andy and very proud of him when I saw the nature of the article.

Andy, well done mate; you're a star! Don't forget the little people now, eh? :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Will Andys GUI transport to DP9 ?
Gotta find out myself. Upgrading right now.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Radiogal wrote:Will Andys GUI transport to DP9 ?
Gotta find out myself. Upgrading right now.
Yes - see earlier in thread
Gary Shepherd
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Thanks. Saw it. I even commented it by earlier.. lol
I upgraded and it just worked. :woohoo: