AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (always updating first post)

Post by amplidood »

Really glad you guys are enjoying this one. New version posted...

If anyone wants the transparent fader setup for Gold or Dark, there are links for each, respectively, in the first post.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:Really glad you guys are enjoying this one. New version posted...

If anyone wants the transparent fader setup for Gold or Dark, there are links for each, respectively, in the first post.
Hey... this really looks awesome man. I hope you won't mind but I tweaked with the translucent fader. Basically just liked it more monochrome, so I copied the normal fader cap and made it about 30% opacity in PhotoShop. Here's what it looks like:

If you want to use it, it's here:

http://www.jamessteele.com/unicornation ... PictID.png

I really hope you don't mind my messing with it man. You've really inspired me here and I've tweaked a bit with my own Mixing Board mod. There's something I want to try on your mod that I did on an early one of mine that's VERY radical, but cool. I made the empty inserts simply disappear by making the oval for the insert just the background color of that area of the channel strip. Granted you have to click at the approximation of where the insert should be, but it's really not hard and it's amazing what a difference as far as the "cluttered" feeling it makes. I'll try and post up a capture.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:
amplidood wrote:I really hope you don't mind my messing with it man.
I don't mind it at all. The whole point of this is to make this app what we need it to be, and to be inspiring and fluid for each of us. Everyone's real world experience is going to bring them to different conclusions about what works and what doesn't. I've learned so much from the constructive ideas and encouraging words. It all just solidifies what I said in my intro to this mod...you can't please everyone with just one approach. If I can be a launching pad and a refiner all at the same time, then I've accomplished something worthwhile.

Your input is always appreciated.

(I need to compare my posts pre- and post- bourbon. I suspect there may be different tones happening. :))
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Cool... check it out... this is sort of radical, but I found once you get over it and simply click in the area an insert should be it's no big deal. Here's the current mixer:

And now here's the one with the hidden inserts. You just click in the blank area where the insert should be.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hmmm... now that I look at it... maybe not. Oh well... trial and error. Again, man... awesome stuff!

Bill OC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Bill OC »

I really like Simple 1.1!

As the guy said in the old 7Up commercial: "Crisp and clean, and no caffeine."
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:Hmmm... now that I look at it... maybe not. Oh well... trial and error. Again, man... awesome stuff!
Hey man, seriously, that's exactly how I've been doing this from the start. Figuring it out as I go. I thought my GoldVar idea was going to be great...but BLECH. ;)

Thanks for all your encouragement.
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Little booboo on the load button still?

Sorry running out the door and no time to attach an image file..
The same load button problem posted previously...
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

sdfalk wrote:Little booboo on the load button still?

yeah, it's an xml parameter. The actual graphic doesn't have that glitch...they used so much white in the original gui that there could have been a thousand little things like that and you'd never see them.
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

amplidood wrote:
sdfalk wrote:Little booboo on the load button still?

yeah, it's an xml parameter. The actual graphic doesn't have that glitch...they used so much white in the original gui that there could have been a thousand little things like that and you'd never see them.

fair enough..
looks supercool
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

First of all, let me say that I absolutely LOVE the Gold Mod. I thought it looked nice in the screenshots, but in real life action it is absolutely wonderful. It is the only mod that I used 100% as provided.

The SimpleMod is what I envisioned DP actually looking like, and is therefore almost perfect. I plan to use both mods. There were a few small issues with SimpleMod, so I used some files from iPerformer's Aruma mod; specifically:
  • Simple Mod Alteration: (from iPerformer's Aruma files)
    kCCCP40x40IconSet_PictID.png
    kChunkListToolbarIconSetID_PictID.png
    kStepRecordIconSet_PictID.png
    kThreeDPaneIndicatorIconSet_PictID.png
    kWindowButtonPanelIconSet_PictID.png
    Plus, I left the original DP fader files.
(am I the only one who likes the recessed, textured faders by MOTU? I think they look great in Amplidude's SimpleMod)
Now I have pretty much my "dream" version of DP. Actually, two of them.

I was quite taken with the GoldMod, and I suspect I'll be using it fairly often, though the perfect version of all is the SimpleMod. But I like the way the GoldMod makes me feel! So, to celebrate the GoldMod, I created an icon to go with it.

The icon comes in two sizes - 128 and 512 - and two versions. One version is "plain" and the other one has shadow and an embossed look. Actually, I like the plain one best. So, download them here, and choose the one you like.

My hat is off to Amplidude for the Gold Mod, and to both Amplidude and iPerformer for the excellent job of modding DP. I really LIKE these mods!

Enjoy,

Shooshie

PS: if anyone wants to make a better GoldMod icon, please go for it. I'm no icon artist! I'll bet Amplidude has ideas for his own, and I completely support his or anyone else's posting their own. Won't make me feel bad at all; I just did this for myself, and decided that others might like it, too, so I remade it in 128 size for those who don't have 512 icons. the .zip file contains both sizes.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I liked the Gold and loaded it but after a time it got to be a bit much, I am using the simple now. I am down loading dark as I am going to see how I like it. I think a lighter dark may be just right. I love the jelly buttons on dark and gold.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I can tell that I'd get tired of the GoldMod if I was using it all the time. I'm just going to use it when the mood strikes. Otherwise, I'll be using SimpleMod -- which in my mind is the most beautiful of them all. A perfect balance between darker shades, colorful icons, and simplicity!

Still, if you haven't used GoldMod, do yourself a favor and at least give it a try. It's special "in person." You'll probably want to default to something like the SimpleMod or any of the others by the Dude or iPerformer, but this one needs to be seen. It just made me smile. (really)

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Thanks for everything you've said, Shoosh. I'm glad you like the gold so much, it's my personal favorite as well. And that icon is nice!!! The icing.

Uploaded a DefaultStyle fix for the selection tool in Simple. Changes the shading on some small controls in the ruler, but seems ok.

http://b5.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/d ... e3ff73.zip
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

The blue MIDI notes on the gold background gives me a nice, warm feel. Once I update to DP7.01, the hardest choice will be deciding between gold or simple. I think I'll go with Shooshie's approach of switching between the two, depending on what I'm doing.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4